RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help, just came from the dealer and they wanted $66.00 for my ignition key.

If I remember right the classic key is not a special key or cut. I want to believe this key can be made a locksmith's store.

Can anyone verify for me that a blank and a regular cutter can make this key before I spend the $66.00

Thank You

·
Registered
99 Posts
I need some help, just came from the dealer and they wanted $66.00 for my ignition key.

If I remember right the classic key is not a special key or cut. I want to believe this key can be made a locksmith's store.

Can anyone verify for me that a blank and a regular cutter can make this key before I spend the $66.00

Thank You
You may have to purchase the blank from AB or another Rover parts seller, I had new keys cut for my 97 Disco and 92 RRC at a local hardware store but I had to bring my own blanks as they didn’t carry any that style.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've taken my own blanks to Ace and they cut them for me. Got the first blank off of ebay a few years ago for about $7 and the next two I found in an ashtray in a junker at the salvage yard. I think Ace charged me a couple of dollars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You to everyone for replying I went to a local locksmith $4.25 each and he had the blanks.

Dealer wanted $66.00 each

Insane

Thanks Again!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts