RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Does this front cooler compartment between the seats. Is this just a drop in box that you put your 4 Poland spring
waters or road soda's in and just fill with ice. Or it it refrigerated cooling from the vehicle ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is a lightly refridgerated cooler with a switch right above it. It is not really going to cool down your room temperature drinks like a fridge will do but it will definitely keep them much colder than room temperature in the car elsewhere. It does not appear to made to put ice in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ouch grammar.

2019 RRS ATB

It's actively cooled and has 2 levels, regular and high (both cooling). Can also be turned off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
It could be either depending on what option you chose for the car. They have the option of just a cooler that keeps cold things cold or an actual refrigerator that has a button to turn on to make it and keep it cold inside.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It’s refrigerated. Has an on-off switch. Older models have one level of ‘on’, last couple of years there are two levels of ‘on’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the dealer and test rode an 2016 Autobiography with the cooler box and there was a switch
that turned on the refrigerant cooling to the box.( so now we all know)

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
it is cooled but not as much as the refrigerator option, the later has two settings on high it will cool below freezing for a few minutes to speed up cooling. They are both cooled via a thermoelectric device

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anybody know if it can be easily removed/replaced with the standard storage console? Getting stuck with it on our incoming 2020 with climate package; would prefer not to lose the storage space.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
88 Posts
Anybody know if it can be easily removed/replaced with the standard storage console? Getting stuck with it on our incoming 2020 with climate package; would prefer not to lose the storage space.
I went the other way and installed the cooler box because it was missing from mine. The middle console comes with 2 part numbers, one for console with cooler, one without cooler. I wasn't very interested in buying the whole console new so I had to cut part of the console away to get it to fit. I would therefore assume that if you remove the cooler you will be stuck with a great big hole, not the storage box you want.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Three questions because I can't seem to find a video anywhere.
1) Is the actual usable space between the cooler option and fridge option the same?
2) How much more space do you get with the standard storage option vs the cooler/fridge option?
3) If you had the cooler/fridge, I assume you can still technically use it for storage if you're not using it to cool anything?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
615 Posts
I have the cooler. I find it to be useful for water on road trips. I use it for storage as a daily driver. Works great.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Three questions because I can't seem to find a video anywhere.
1) Is the actual usable space between the cooler option and fridge option the same?
2) How much more space do you get with the standard storage option vs the cooler/fridge option?
3) If you had the cooler/fridge, I assume you can still technically use it for storage if you're not using it to cool anything?
Honestly I would get the cooler or the fridge and not opt for storage. The fridge is nice because of the lower temp option. One note, it takes a while for it to cool down so if you are only doing short trips you must have cool drinks to begin with but on longer trips the second stage of the fridge will cool drinks down.

As to questions:
1: Yes the same
2:Not much at all you wold barely notice the difference. The extra space under the cup holders will compensate for the lack of storage.
3: Yes if you choose not to use it you can use it for storage.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Honestly I would get the cooler or the fridge and not opt for storage. The fridge is nice because of the lower temp option. One note, it takes a while for it to cool down so if you are only doing short trips you must have cool drinks to begin with but on longer trips the second stage of the fridge will cool drinks down.

As to questions:
2:Not much at all you wold barely notice the difference. The extra space under the cup holders will compensate for the lack of storage.
Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts

As to questions:
I have to respectfully disagree. Just traded our 2017 with console storage for a 2020 with climate package including console fridge. While you can certainly put anything you want in the fridge, it holds a fraction of the volume the console did. It is also inconvenient for storage in that you must open the console lid, then the fridge door, to access it. Yes, thankfully the new storage compartment under the cup holders, along with the new double glove box provides plenty of storage options...still would rather have opted out of the fridge.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No need to first open the compartment, then the cooler. The cooler opens directly if you pull on one specific side of the compartment lid (forgot which one, not at the car atm).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree. Just traded our 2017 with console storage for a 2020 with climate package including console fridge. While you can certainly put anything you want in the fridge, it holds a fraction of the volume the console did. It is also inconvenient for storage in that you must open the console lid, then the fridge door, to access it. Yes, thankfully the new storage compartment under the cup holders, along with the new double glove box provides plenty of storage options...still would rather have opted out of the fridge.
Actually there is a button on the right side of the console lid (the side closest to the passenger seat) that allows you to open both the console lid and the fridge door at once so you don’t have to do two separate steps to get inside.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts