RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. O3 td6. Seems to be going through coolant cant see any leaks at all, dash message bongs over usually when doing 60mph ish or over like on motorway etc, im topping up every 400 miles or so is this just normal. thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Ian,

I have a pretty similar age TD6 to yours and iv never had to top up the coolant?? I had a MK4 Golf TDi once which was drinking coolant, i was topping up every 300ish miles. One night i was driving home then suddenly, no power and white smoke was pouring out of the exhaust. My turbo had failed sucking all the oil out of my engine and had dumped it down the exhaust. Cost me a small fortune to repair!! Approx £4000 to get it back on the road. The coolant problem was solved though so after the engine was refurbed and new turbo installed.

I'd check for abnormal turbo whine?? go and test drive another TD6 and try and compare the turbo sound to yours?? My golf had a pretty bad whistle which i grew to accept as normal until BANG!!! Common fault in VW's and Renault Megane's i know completely different cars to ours but still it can happen to any car with a Turbo!! :(

Just somewhere to start i guess???

All the best!!! Safe motoring!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts