RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 RR Supercharged. Hey guys, I noticed that my coolant tank was below the "fill line when cold" level so I looked and found a small bead of orange coolant on the drivers side up front sort of under solenoids (also these "caps" were hot to the touch and I had not started the vehicle..is this normal?) that control I believe control the heating inside the cabin. Is there some coolant line around here? How can I go about diagnosing this leak?

Also I read somewhere about the jag motor having a false low coolant visual - is this true?

Additionally, it seems to take a while for the dash temp sensor to show its warmed up. I drove for almost 5-7 minutes and idled for about 10 before the needle moved to the middle position.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dave, is there any videos or guides on how to replace it? This would be my first project on this thing and I'd like to make sure it's not too involved.

Any idea why the valve would be hot if all is done was unlock the car? Does it warm up to run climate control before even starting to truck?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
549 Posts
Thanks Dave, is there any videos or guides on how to replace it? This would be my first project on this thing and I'd like to make sure it's not too involved.

Any idea why the valve would be hot if all is done was unlock the car? Does it warm up to run climate control before even starting to truck?
Do you have webasto?
Park heater

If you have it works on +5C and heats the antifreeze on heater core side

you have 3 coolant pumps. One mechanical pump located on the front of the engine, second is for intercooling the charger a closed pumpin ring with own radiator, third one is coolant pump for heatercore located under the coolant valves.

If you dont have any problems like one side cold one side hot mostly coolant valves are ok.

Its a bmw part. You can buy it from a junk yard for x5. Cheaper
If you have webasto it could be another problem, webasto valve.

I am having right now warming issues. 20minutes takes 12 o clock
Still monitoring. On cooling system we have too much things. 2 thermostats 3 pumps 2 valves i just cant find the cause.

On ebay i think you can search and find repair kit for coolant valves it’s completely rebuild friendly

We have here a very smart person @MARK_C
He told an another topic this culprit could be hvac hedgehog

Sometimes hard to reach
This is hvac resistor or something
Picture-b location

Very annoying problem too much birds not enough bullets

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure on the webasto or park heater. Where would I check to confirm? I have heated steering wheel, if thats an indicator of the option..?

On the service records I have for the truck I found they replaced part 64116922699 back in July of 2016, which appears to be that BMW part you are referencing. Could it have failed again? It does seem to be made of brittle plastic and only has that small heat shield protecting it..?

·
Registered
403 Posts

If I recall correctly, that heat shield came off with 2 10mm nuts. After that you have access. It's tight in there, but I got it done even with my fat hands. 3 hose clamp and the unit itself wasn't bolted on. Just pushes down, The two grommeted holes just fit ove the upward pointing posts. Take the shield off first and gett a good look in there to see if it's where your leak is coming from. Again, not swearing it's the same leak I had, but your picture is of the unit I had to swap.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Thats your aux coolant pump looks pretty crusty. It pumps water thru the heater cores during low engine RPM operation to make sure you have enough hot water flowing thru the cores to heat the interior. Can't tell if its just corrosion under the rubber hose that maybe you can clean up with a wire brush (after you get it out and the hose off) or if the body of the pump is done. The two cans above that are the return water valves from the two cores inside the truck (actually two halves of the same heater core). One side is for the passenger side, the other for the drivers side.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I thought mine was just corrosion around the fittings, but my mechanic told me he's seen them go bad before. For the cheap cost to replace, I just swapped in a new one and was good to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@MARK_C and @DaveCap Thanks guys - do you have the part numbers for what I need to replace - also the ones for the associated hoses since I'll be in there?

Once I get the parts off will I have deal with air in the system and burp the radiator or anything?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Heres a write up some did about replacing hoses and hardware on a 2008 HSE, we all have the aux pump for the heater core. The SC engines also have another one up next to the left side of the radiator for the air to air heat exchangers on the intake manifold.

No part numbers yet, but this shows you what you are getting into. The aux pump is near the bottom of the write up.

It's an old BMW part, I beleive (a leftover from the M62 BMW 4.4L setup), Dormann makes one as well (902-072 - verify). It may be the same pump the SC cooler uses, I can't tell, I don't have an SC engine in mine.

Heres a whole used setup on Ebay for $75

·
Registered
549 Posts
Heres a write up some did about replacing hoses and hardware on a 2008 HSE, we all have the aux pump for the heater core. The SC engines also have another one up next to the left side of the radiator for the air to air heat exchangers on the intake manifold.

No part numbers yet, but this shows you what you are getting into. The aux pump is near the bottom of the write up.

It's an old BMW part, I beleive (a leftover from the M62 BMW 4.4L setup), Dormann makes one as well (902-072 - verify). It may be the same pump the SC cooler uses, I can't tell, I don't have an SC engine in mine.

Heres a whole used setup on Ebay for $75
View attachment 284208

It is a bmw part indeed
Heater pump is selling separately
Part number is JJK000010
I dont know the oem supplier i think bosch
There is a good clone for this pump
Weburg and part number is W480201

I dont know in usa you are washing heater core or not?
Like this

·
Registered
549 Posts
Coolant valve repair is not a hard work all you need is little bit knowledge in lego tech

I think everyone can find on ebay this repair kit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts