RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11’ 5.0 Can’t find a leak and my coolant was super low today. I added fluid and drove it about twenty miles. I checked it once I got home and it hasn’t lost anymore fluid. If it was a head gasket I would see it leaking by taking the skid plates off correct? I just had a water pump, thermostat, and new piping installed a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
425 Posts
Head gaskets often leak internally. My 2000 4.0 has a leaking head gasket and the only evidence is 200 ml missing after an hour of driving.
Was there a lot of pressure on the bottle?

If not, check all hoses, including those of your heater. Check under the radiator if ther is a core leak

·
Registered
163 Posts
It is very possible for the coolant to leak internally into the combustion chambers and either be burned there of by the cats. Try this: When the engine is cold, check the upper hose for pressure by gently squeezing it. If the hose gives, remove the radiator cap. Then start the engine, and look for bubbles in the coolant. I would start there. Ray

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Can you smell coolant? If so, start looking around the water pump and thermostat housings. May simply need some bolts to be retightened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts