RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a fully rebuilt transmission put in my 04 Range Rover and its good, but right after it started leaking coolant and my dealer at first said it was leaking from transmission, after a better look they said it some part down there by the transmission that a coolant holder ?????? and said 585 to replace, has anyone had this happen, could it be that the damaged it when replacing transmission and how hard is it to get out and replace myself??????

Cheers Scott.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
I'd be asking them for a more precise explaination. I believe your tranny oil cooler is up front. If it is coolant that is leaking back by your tranny I would suspect something above that is leaking down to that point making it appear that the tranny is leaking coolant. Since you haven't filled out your location yet, do you have the fuel burning heater installed?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm located in the US, Oklahoma..... all they said is it could easily been hit and cracked when putting transmission in ????? but the first time they said it was the transmission seal, but that would be leaking coolant i wouldn't think....

·
Registered
293 Posts
my 03 had a new tranny put in after it took a dump at 40k miles, twice after that the cooler pipes leaked and each time was fixed by just having them tightened up, maybe the same problem... hope that helps

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look, Thanks... Ok I just looked at the quote from range rover, it says : reseal Valley Pan gaskit 428.00 thats what i guess they say was leaking coolant....

·
Registered
293 Posts
ok so thats just the sump pan of the transmission, im no transmission expert but im pretty sure that thing was already "presealed" on to the transmission when they put the transmission "IN" the RR... which means if it aint seated correctly, then it wasnt seated correctly before that became YOUR transmission...

last time i checked, service to install something included making sure "it" was/is working properly after they have finished installing it... id tell them to get bent and fix it for free...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks, i'll take it back to the transmission people monday and have them fix it, so the coolant leak has nothing to do with that..... thanks for your help...

·
Registered
293 Posts
like i said im not transmission expert, add that to the fact that i cant see what your talking about, bad combination...

what i do know is what you told me, you hired them to fix a transmission problem, they fixed it but gave it back to you with a "new" transmission problem... sounds rediculous to me... unless the new transmission you ordered them to put in you ordered WITH a leak, i would tell them they need to fix it for free.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, a new rebuilt transmission.... they are a very reputable company and I called them last week and they said bring it down and well fix it if its a problem with the transmission..... but still wondering about the water leak.....the guys at the transmission place said that nothing in the transmission would create a water leak.... I'll get the valley pan seal fixed, then see where its at... thanks again for your help....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts