RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 2007 r.r. sport and driving in to work i notice i had no hot air coming from the heater, when work was over there was a puddle of water under neath the car but it was sprinkling so i didnt pay attention i drove home fine it was about 20 miles away but temp it is 60 outside no issue, when i stop and waiting for my son about 15 min. car was over heating. so its fine when it drives but over heat when idles. any thoughts? i was thinking tstat but would i leak water from a bad tstat? thanks in advance -

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
If you are over heating that was not water under your Sport. Certainly not A/C condensation. If you have leak and are low on coolant you will need to rebleed to entire system to remove any air.
Obviously find your leak first and fix it.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Check each hose at the fittings; check the water pump (my bet on the water pump if it is a 4.4L), and the thermostat housing. And the overflow reservoir for a crack. Pull the dipstick -- any foam in the oil? Check the exhaust as someone blips the throttle: smoke, color (head gaskets)?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Actually head gaskets rarely blow to an oil gallery. Check your spark plugs for steam cleaning from water entering the cylinder. You can also do a compression test to see if ahead gasket has failed between cylinders. Checking exhaust would be steam, not smoke, coolant does not create smoke, it creates steam. Oil creates smoke but that would be from poor valve stems and would not cause loss of coolant or over heating. It would just foul the plugs.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
I stand corrected: your semantics are perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts