RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right folks 2 mainstealers are now only quoting for the extended life antifreeze for my P38 so i will have to flush the system before i can change over to the new stuff.
How many flushes do you think it will take to get the old yellow looking stuff out and would it be adviseable to use a rad flush to help with the change over.
I will be doing it myself and flushing it through with garden hose.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Are you not able to purchase regular antifreeze from another source like Halford's or the such? If not I would do a standard flush with a flushing agent and then disconnect one of your heater core lines and just allow the engine to run until the fluid comes out clear. Remember not to use premix as you will have a lot of straight water tied up in your engine block, heater core and lines.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a good point you make.
i just thought if where to flush the system i might aswell use the long life afterwards but seeing that the coolant in the system is a yellowish colour it probolay is Ethelyne glycol based and it would be a lot cheaper to use an E G based product plus less of a risk if some of the original stuff is left in the system and mixes with this new oac stuff and causes more problems than it solves

It's just started snowing :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts