RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please give step by step on how to do this. I seem to have an air lock, keeps overheating after head gasket job.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty much, i have no idea how to get coolant back into the whole system since there is no reservoir and the whole thing is pressurized

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Take off the top hose and pour 50/50 directly into it.
Yes, park on an incline and run it for awhile, topping off as it drinks it from the resevoir bottle.
Keep a couple gallons of 50/50 with you at all times just in case you didn't get it all, and keep an eye on the temp gauge. Pull off immediately if it flips to red, CAREFULLY remove the res cap (after you let it cool a bit..and do it with a rag) and fill it up. Turn the car back on, and watch the res to see if it drinks more down...then fill it up until it stops drinking it down.

Some get really stubborn for some reason. It took me about a week to get mine to stop overheating due to air locks...but I never tried the nose up trick.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
think i got it all, thanks mag. do you know if there is any non-invasive way of checking the heater core o-ring for leaks?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Short of opening it up and/or drilling an inspection hole...no.

If your passenger side carpet is wet, and smells like coolant...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts