RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I swapped out my SC aux coolant pump, I lost a bit of coolant during the "transplant". Now I get the "low coolant warning" on the dash. I need to top off the coolant BUT I've read here that the correct coolant for this rig is PINK in color but the coolant that leaked out of my car was ORANGE.

What's the correct coolant to put in the car? The dealer did the last service and I don't know what coolant they put in.

Any ideas?

Oh and - is there a mix percentage with H2O?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Orange or reddish / pink (comes in either formulations depending on manufacturer, I think), as long as it is Dex-Cool you should good.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great. Thanks gentlemen.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The Ford design must not be as particular as the BMW.

But then again, I still need to get around to changing the coolant in my Explorer for the first time.
Not a big thing, except that I bought the Explorer in October of 1992.
Same radiator, same coolant.

P.S. I've had a new set of hoses to replace the originals since about 2004.
They're still hanging in my garage.
It'll blow on me one of these days.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Orange or reddish / pink (comes in either formulations depending on manufacturer, I think), as long as it is Dex-Cool you should good.
So I picked up some DexCool (orange) coolant and was about to mix and put in the engine and I decided to do some research on it. There are so many people complaining about it calling it "DeathCool" for its alleged propensity to turn into orange goop and gum up the water pump, radiator, etc...

Now it has me thinking. There seem to be a LOT of radiator failures on these cars in the first few years of ownership. (Including mine) Now I don't know what to think. Apparently the recommended coolant isn't readily available here in the U.S.

I've read so many negative comments about DexCool that it has me concerned.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Call the dealer you took it to in the first place and ask them what to do. Take it to them if you are sketched out by the coolant. I am sure they will recommend the type of coolant you need.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
go to the dealer and buy a gallon of the coolant they used,
go to the supermarket and buy a gallon of distilled water,
return the Dexcool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts