RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm amidst about what type of coolant to use. I keep hearing different things. Can someone tell me what is the best? I don't care about price. Thanks I keep hearing dex-cool or blah blah. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If yours is a bosch engine, the coolant that is most likely in it is dexcool. If yours is a gems engine, it should be using green oat. You can flush the coolant completely out of there and use w/e you would like. I personally prefer the green stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im using this yellow stuff from NAPA right now, its simply called "extended life" says works for everything and all coolants. i do have a bosch, sorry for the shitty sig pic cant really make out the writing, i was using dex-cool, i searched rave, and nothing. and yea mag, no go on the water. i think i'll just flush the whole thing and fill it with the napa extended life, its suppose to good with aluminum right?? anyone know of this coolant??

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
you'll be fine. just make sure it's okay for Alum engines...which pretty much all of them are now.

·
Registered
517 Posts
lrscott said:
If yours is a bosch engine, the coolant that is most likely in it is dexcool. If yours is a gems engine, it should be using green oat. You can flush the coolant completely out of there and use w/e you would like. I personally prefer the green stuff.
Not sure if things are different in UK, but my Bosch uses OAT coolant which is an orangey/pink colour.

Also to the best of my knowledge Dex-cool is OAT. The green stuff is the older type normally used in GEMS engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts