RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,i have purchased a used lpg kit from a scrapped p38,i intend to fit the kit onto my baby but im not 100% certain how it all fits together,has anyone any ideas on some good instructions,preferably free as i have already paid for and downloaded 2 and they were both useless, thanks

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
make and model of the system would be required before anyone could provide accurate instructions.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
478 Posts
Indeed, which system is it?

It should be fairly straight-forward, and most manuals are available online for free.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
73 Posts
hi,i have purchased a used lpg kit from a scrapped p38,i intend to fit the kit onto my baby but im not 100% certain how it all fits together,has anyone any ideas on some good instructions,preferably free as i have already paid for and downloaded 2 and they were both useless, thanks
Discovery in the US ran a Wheeler Dealer show that installed LPG in a Defender -- Takes you through the steps -- I'm sure you can get the show in the UK on Dave or Dave 2 or Dave 3 4 5 6 or Motors 1 2 3 4 5 6 :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all i could get off the ecu is Tartarini Auto sequential fuel injection,im running a P38 4.6 HSE,i have a reasonable grasp of the task ahead,but i have a wiring loom with wires cut off all over the place,and need to know how they marry up to the V8,also im not 100% sure of the set up of the vapourizers,i can see fuel in/out,coolant in/out,vacuum pipe connector and 1 other pipe that i have no idea what its for, apart from that im good.i watched that particular Wheeler Dealer show about a week ago but didnt find it any help

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Have you run what your attempting by a certified installer, as your going to have to get it signed off by them anyway. They might give you a few pointers to help and your insurance company ultimately will require this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went down this route to keep costs down to a minimum,i dont imagine for one moment that a certified installer will give me their time for free,my insurers have already confirmed they do not require a certificate,and it only becomes an issue at the mot if the engine is actually running on lpg during the test.for my own peace of mind i plan to get i certified but at a cost of £50 against hundreds for someone else to fit it

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dear All,
I did my own and its easy enough. RPI "certified" it a vast cost, having sold me the kit and then been wholly unhelpfull except where taking my money was concerned, try to avoid. You only need the cretificate if you want to have the log book changed. My insurers took my word for it.

Regards
Paul C

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
I'm amazed if push come's to shove with an insurance company that they won't want one produced. I've never been ask to provide one either but that's not the same as not having one at all, is it because it's assumed that it would be on the database for them to check at any time? There are loads of folks on forums running round trying to get their installation certified after queries from their insurance company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts