RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be converting my 99HSE to coil. Looking at the the Heavy Duty spring kit on British atlantic that gives an additional 2" lift. Also wanting to install the 2" risers from Arnott for that "little extra".

First Question....Will the 2" spacers from Arnott work with the BA Heavy Duty kit?

Second Question....What kind of shock set-up will I need? I am guessing that the matched heavy duty coil/bilsteins kit will not work with the 2" block added....

Third Question....what are all the parts I can cannabalize off the 99 without disrupting the EAS bypass that comes with the kit? I want to shelve all the parts as spares for the '01 I just got (except the Arnott Gen II springs - those are being put on it right away!) I am hoping I can take the valve block, compressor, height sensors, the airlines, and the shocks (only 6 months old) and have a very nice shelf full of spares - am I missing anything else that I can take off?

I love the EAS, but my 99 is usually off trail and it is not worth maintaining the EAS anymore with my current list of considerations. I thought about going to Arnott Gen III, but coils are just better suited for this rig now....ESPECIALLY since both my Father and Brother will be using it quite a bit and there is NO WAY they will be able to fix any EAS problems in the field....they are Heep guys....

I am totally open to ideas here, so please, throw them at me guys!

Thank you in advance for the input - it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just installed this exact same HD coil conversion from British Atlantic on my 2002 HSE and it is a good quality kit. My only question of them is that the Bilstein shocks that I bought with the HD kit are the same length as the stock Bilsteins that I had on the truck before the "lift" This is an issue as the shocks now limit down travel. This would be even more of an issue if you add 2" spacers. With adding 2" spacers I'd look for some custom shocks or using the longer front shocks in the back and add custom raised squared tubing to mount your front shocks. On a side note, with my conversion I do get a bit of u-joint howl/vibration at 60 to 65 MPH. A double cardan driveshaft would probably cure this. Too bad castor correction bushings aren't available for the front control arms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts