RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 4.6cc 1998 rangerover. get me home 35mph.bought the car but now found out that the rear have already been converted to coil springs,but the from are air bags,compressor has had all pipe cut and have tyre valves added.
have used the program to check faults,inlet and exhaust valves closed,ran pump from the program and is very noises and rough.an manual pump up front suspension,but unable to remove icon on dash and messages maxium 35mph. See that you buy a override harness that informs that you are changed over to manual,which clears the fault. Cost £50,but i have found another site where you pull out the second plug form door to centre tunnel.the lower one and you cut the third cable in on top plug and wire the end of the plug to +12v and cut the second wire on the lower to earth, Leave plug unplugged and after the fault dissapears you can then replug in the plug. Will this work

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
you don't need to buy an override harness you just add 2 jumpers as outlined in numerous threads and common issues and repairs in the Home pages

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
361 Posts
Mine had a over ride thingy in it and the plug from the height selector swith was unplugged, this only to get rid of the light in the dash.

I would rather put airbags on her with tire valves instead of coils. Airbags are definitle better, mine had coils when I bought her, don't regret I put her back on airbags

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
that's one heck of a hack job, rear coils, front eas and schrader valves, go one way or the other but can't go both. good luck.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Coil conversions are fairly common but yours is the first one I have heard of that is half and half.

Where in the world are you? Are you in the UK since you are talking about ££ and mph? If you are in the UK you would never get insurance for it.

I would get it back on air. Is the valve block and compressor still there?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I’m with the majority, keep it on air, cost wise your looking about the same as a coil conversion, these cars were luxury cars, the EAS being one of them, there’s people that can check and refurb the system if your not happy doing it, it’s actually quite a simple system once you grasp how it works.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Check out Storey Wilson's 'RSW Solutionns.com' site and his RSW p38 youtube vids. His 'EASv4' software is a budget diagnostics program for many p38 systems. There is a mountain of info via google on the EAS. Save the flies as you come across them and build up a library in your phone so it's handy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts