RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I recently bought a 2009 4.2L Supercharged. During hard acceleration on the highway it darts a bit from left to right and requires careful steering input to keep it going in a straight line.

It feels like a front wheel drive vehicle hunting for traction in slippery conditions, but I'm on dry pavement.

I'm guessing this is due to some worn out parts. Is this a common issue?

Thanks

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
No it isnt normal.
Nobody here can tell you whats wrong without seeing it.
Check all the bushings in the suspension and steering and go from there.
Add your location as is written in the forum guidelines.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap, I was hoping it was a common wear item in the front end. Time to start poking around I guess. Thanks Leftlanetruckin.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Does the DSC light come on when this happens? My thinking is that maybe it is the DSC kicking in to correct some sort of lateral movement caused by - pick an item? low pressure tyre, worn suspension, binding brakes, different brands/types tyres - could be any number of issues.

Try turning DSC off and see if it still happens - dont boot it too much though as DSC will just switch itself back on.

garry

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Garry, the DSC light doesn't come on. The tires all match, and I checked the pressure a few times since my tire pressure light is on, but I assume that's due to faulty sensors as the pressures are fine. I installed new tires and the issue continued. The air suspension seems fine as do the brakes. I'll check the steering linkage and control arms. Everything feels nice and tight but maybe something moves a bit under full power.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Easiest way to check everything is to have someone inside turning the steering wheel left and right while you're underneath feeling for any play

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easiest way to check everything is to have someone inside turning the steering wheel left and right while you're underneath feeling for any play
Right on, Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had the roof wrapped. RF2.jpg RF3.jpg RF4.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts