RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get you guys to chime in how you felt between these two tires paired with factory 20 inch wheels.

-Continental DWS
-Yokohama Parada Spec-x

Who has each tire and how do you like them in the various driving conditions i.e dry, wet, snow, etc

Just trying to stay ahead on some future parts. I did a bit of research via tire rack.com and initially noticed the significant price different between the two. It was amazing to see how cheap parada's stood against the DWS; 156/tire vs 242-245/tire respectively.

Yes, numbers don't lie, but my purpose on creating this thread was to solely gain insight from those who have personally driven on these tires on their RRS's.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
I had the Continental DWS on my sport and I was really happy with them. I got about 35K miles out of them. I didn't get to use them much in ice or really deep snow, but they were great in the rain and in snow up to about a foot deep. On dry roads they're great too and quiet on the highway. If I didn't get 18" wheels and some Terra Grapplers I would've definitely purchased another set. The only instance where I might hesitate to recommend them is if you were going to do a lot off road driving in rocky areas, they seem a little too soft for that, imo.

-Chris

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
The Yoko's are a great tire and more rugged looking. I've had four sets of them on various SUV's. Can't go wrong....

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
290 Posts
Yoko Spec-X buyer here. I've only had them on since beginning of summer. I ran my original Michelin's out at 25k. I've got only 5k on the Spec-X's, and so far, they have been fine. The biggest thing was how quiet they are compared to the Michelin's at the end of their life. I notice that they are a softer ride too, as the sidewall stiffness isn't there. I keep these inflated to their NA specs of 38-42. On the Michelins' the ride was so harsh from the start, that I kept them at the lower euro spec.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like consensus leads toward the yokohamas. you guys have them as a 45 or 40 series?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yokos have on personal rovers and customers. customer feed back far better then cantinental (spelling correct ) as in can't last long

1 - 8 of 8 Posts