RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Carolina Cutter said:
Any thoughts? Need a 19" tire for an HSE.
I've been reading a lot of positive reviews about General's tires. Remember years ago everybody said Yokohama? Kumho? Toyo? And now those are known as very nice lower-priced tires.

I myself would never spend alot of money on tires unless they were specialized (winter, auto x, etc). Michelin's tires are just stupidly priced, cause they're going with that whole 'made in the USA' scam - we know now that it doesn't necessarily mean good quality, just an inflated (no pun intended) tire price due to expensive wage costs for money hungry unions.

I've been eyeing the Yokohama Parada Spec X for mine as well as the General's, though their sport truck/summer tire.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Carolina Cutter said:
Any thoughts? Need a 19" tire for an HSE.
Changed my conti's to Generals last year ... I have probably 10k miles on the new set of tires. They're pretty nice.

99% of my driving is in Southern California. I did just take the car up to the snow (Mammoth Mountain) and it did fine with no chains.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Changed from Wranglers to Generals 3 months ago on my 2005 HSE, bit early to tell yet but they are great on the road, very quiet, fine on wet roads, not tried off road yet but the tread pattern looks a bit better than the Wranglers so should be a bit better off road. Got about 25k out of both previous sets of tyres, replaced them at about 4 mm, it will be interesting to see how they wear, but they were so much cheaper than Wranglers they only need to do about 15k to break even :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just had the Grabber UHP installed about a month ago, so far it's been quiet on the freeway and good road manners in both wet and dry conditions. Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I tried to get the Generals in Houston at Discount tire and they are on back order or out of production. Running on Toyo's now, nice on and off road except for the sidewalls. Really good in mud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts