RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 24K mile the OME Cotinental tires are showing there age.( Both in tread life and ride) I am looking for a new set of tires with two criteria.

1. Increase mileage. ( Anything better than the OME)
2. A more all season tire for better ill weather traction as well as the occasional snow venture to Lake Tahoe.

Living in San Francisco, CA. with our moderate weather, I do not want to get a set of dedicated snow tires. After doing some reaserch on the various tire websites I came upon the Continental Extreme Contact DWS. I do know that there is not a tire that can do do everything well, but this tire seems to fit all my criteria, and at a very moderate price( Aprox. $200.00/ tire). My question is has anyone had any experience with these tires or have heard anything.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi,

Did you ever get the Extremes? I'm in the market for some new tires too and came across these at tirerack.com They seem to be rated much higher that the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Assimetricos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did end up getting them and am very happy.I was torn between these and the Hanook RH 06. The thing that swayed me was the higher speed rating of the Conti's They have great traction in the rain as compared to the OME Conti's. The ride vibration is slightly more but tolerable. They definitely have a stiffer ride associated with them. I would definitely recommend these tires to others. Given your situation consider these or the Hanooks. Good luck in your search, and let me know what you have decided.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts