RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a little research I came across a company offering a capable bag only replacement for the front Air Strut for the 03 Range Rover. The manufacture is Continental Contitech. I would like to know if anyone has heard of this or has any experience with doing this? And also how well it worked. The bag only is $350 which is much cheaper then the entire strut and considering I have an extra strut on hand from a replacement I did previously I would buy 2. I am expericing issues where my front is down on the bump stops and rear is perfectly fine. I replaced the one side a few months back so I am assuming that the other side is now bad but that wouldn't explain the whole front sagging......Ok so thats another issue that someone could shed some light on if you can other wise the main topic is this Bag only replacement.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't looked at it but I have been having battery issues like the battery draining and not starting the car without a jump. I was planning to replace the battery fairly soon but this came up. What were you thinking? :think:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
If you see white powder or acid dripping there is a good chance it made it's way down past the battery platform and down to the suspension hoses below. When I first purchased my 04 it was having all sorts of air suspension issues. Sitting low in the front, dropping overnight, finally the system went into hard fault. Turned out the acid dripping from the battery scored a pin size hole in the drivers side air line. I actually swapped in a new battery from land rover, and that battery also leaked, so I threw in an autozone brand battery and that's been fine for over a year, plus it was a lifetime warranty and only $170USD

If you see white powder or acid pull the battery, then unbolt that platform it sits on, once removed the hoses will be revealed... If one looks discolored or slightly melted that's your issue.

Apparently this is very common

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that tip I am going to check that out. Have you ever seen or heard of the new product shown in the link above that allows you to change the bladder only.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot :thumb: I didnt know someone offered the full strut for that price. I'm quite happy that I found that out.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
one spring leaking will cause the whole front to go down because of the weight, the strutts are different left/right so don't rebuild your spare and put it on the other side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts