RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,230 Posts
Based on what I've read anecdotally, it sounds like the current generation of vehicles are much better than say those from a decade ago. I know most luxury brands are not going to be as reliable as the mainstream models, but I've been very happy with my vehicle in every way, including reliability thus far.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Based on what I've read anecdotally, it sounds like the current generation of vehicles are much better than say those from a decade ago. I know most luxury brands are not going to be as reliable as the mainstream models, but I've been very happy with my vehicle in every way, including reliability thus far.
I agree as well seems these vehicles from 2014 to current arent terrible at all. I love this vehicle it just does everything amazingly and easly and I dont feel like its fragile as some mention. I think once you get a bad rep for past models its hard to get credit in areas as people always remember issues prior. Idk just my two cents

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
920 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily choose CR as the end all authority on anything no less automobiles.

I have seen reviews littered with opinions and not real world facts. They said don't buy the new MS surface because the one they tested years ago was such crap. They haven't even tested it yet.

They said the Lincoln Blackwood was a great pickup and in the same article said the Cadillac pickup wasn't practical. So a pickup truck with a wooden bed was more practical than a pickup that was exactly like the Chevrolet version.

Many years ago they said the Hummer central tire inflation system leaked a lot. So there was exactly 1 vehicle on the market that had CTIS and that is a deal breaker? Ok.

I also think LR will always be forever thought of as unreliable because of the reputation from decades ago but yet my 98,000 mile 2011 sport has been more reliable that my Audi Q7, Panamera, multiple sprinter vans and Expedition. By far more reliable. Heck if it wasn't for the diesel issue in the Audi my RRS has held its resale value higher than that and the Panamera easily.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Consumer Reports is a scam these days; it's not what it used to be. They give ratings to products where the company has paid them to do testing; its the basis of their business these days. Sadly, they've been wrong about so many items I've had (appliances, cars, you name it) that I take it worth a grain of salt. They said not to buy Samsung washers and dryers because they had horrible reliability, but my 9 year old set hasn't had any issues. They rate GE appliances badly and Bosch as better....yet my GE appliances outlasted my parents Bosch and Viking stuff. Don't get me started on vehicles.

When I want to check reliability on a vehicle, I read forums. You can quickly spot the common problems and can understand (to some degree) the frequency of them. The Ford F150 I have currently has been in the shop a total of 11 times and is just 1.5 years old with 30K miles.....horrible reliability IMHO but Consumer Reports loves them..... Yet my 2014 LR4 was only in the shop 1 time in the 18 months we had it. Fair?

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
920 Posts
Consumer Reports is a scam these days; it's not what it used to be. They give ratings to products where the company has paid them to do testing; its the basis of their business these days. Sadly, they've been wrong about so many items I've had (appliances, cars, you name it) that I take it worth a grain of salt. They said not to buy Samsung washers and dryers because they had horrible reliability, but my 9 year old set hasn't had any issues. They rate GE appliances badly and Bosch as better....yet my GE appliances outlasted my parents Bosch and Viking stuff. Don't get me started on vehicles.

When I want to check reliability on a vehicle, I read forums. You can quickly spot the common problems and can understand (to some degree) the frequency of them. The Ford F150 I have currently has been in the shop a total of 11 times and is just 1.5 years old with 30K miles.....horrible reliability IMHO but Consumer Reports loves them..... Yet my 2014 LR4 was only in the shop 1 time in the 18 months we had it. Fair?
But but their ratings from 2 decades ago say they are a bad brand. lol

Glad I am not the only one that sees them for what they are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts