RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone first post on here. I work on a friends 2011 l322 4.4 tdv8 and we have had a long ongoing issue with the car wanting to constantly pull left.*

I have replaced every suspension arm, bush and ball joint front and rear.*
I have calibrated the suspension with the GAP IID tool.*
I have had the tracking done over 7 times.*
I moved wheels from front to back and left to right.*
had a new steering angle sensor fitted.*

even when driving on the wrong side of the road with the opposite camber it still wants to climb upto the centre of the road and go left???*

could it be an issue with the steering rack that has a passing seal and is porting fluid to the left hand side of the rack making it go left all the time?*

owner doesn't want to keep throwing money at it. I had my thoughts it could of been bent in shunt but it tracks up straight on hawker 4 wheel alignment everytime.*

the steering wheel shows straight but continuely pulls left. I have taken the wheel off and moved it just for a test and also played with the tracking myself and it still does it.*

any ideas? thanks

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,950 Posts
any chance one of the front struts has been in an accident and gotten bent?
Have you had to move the top strut mount in the engine bay to get the alignment correct?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
any chance the car was in accident possibly bending one of the front struts
Have you had to move either of the top strut mounts in the engine bay to get the alignment correct?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
to test the rack pulling idea, from a stop in a parking lot, put the trans in low range.
then into drive, then let go of the steering wheel.
let off the brakes and idle away, see if the steering wheel starts turning rapidly if so,
then the spool valve may be damaged in the rack. How does the fluid look? has it ever been flushed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts