RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone verify whether some air is directed to the L and R footwells regardless of the selection of the air distribution switches? The bulk of the air tracks the switches OK.The HEVAC is showing no faults on Rovercom when the distribution motor is command driven and the dist. motor can be heard chugging from windscreen to Face to Feet etc.
Having replaced the RH Blend motor some time ago I'm a little reluctant to go charging in if not necessary!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,425 Posts
There should be very minimal leakage past the air diversion flaps.
You may have had the foam seals on the flaps degrade enough that they are no longer sealing properly. Also possible that there is some debris lodged in the blend motor housings.
If you know someone with one of those flexible snake cameras, possibly you could have a look in real time by inserting the camera in a small hole drilled in the air plenum?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Bolt.
I think I will wait untill something dramatic happens in the area like the Heater "O"rings failing (which are original on this 2001 Vogue,which I have had from new) before I go "in through the flames".Fortunately,the temp in the footwells tracks the selected vent temp OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts