RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would so appreciate feedback from current full sized Range Rovers and how the technology works. Particularly voice control, navi, etc... My wife has a Tesla Model X and once I experienced the technology in that car, not many others cars compare. In the new Range Rover, can one just say a location and the navi searches the internet for the address and inputs it automatically into the car? Any bugs with the tech

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you... I'm kind of new to this forum... Can you direct me to the threads that discuss 2018 full sized Range Rover technology, voice control, navi, etc...?

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
You are hardly new, you have been here almost 6 years. :shock:

If you don't care for the search function feel free to browse the 405 and 494 forums, they have several threads on dual screen issues, systems shutting down and software updates to fix them.

As noted above, the entire owners manual for the 2018 owners manual is in the link provided. if you want to know what is available, just read through the manual for items you are interested in.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The voice control works much better than pst rovers, but not as well as Siri or Alexa. You can’t speak naturally you need to know the way to phrase your inputs and in that case you’ll get what you want. It’s still useful and I use it every day.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Search is your friend - you don't really expect members to re-type reviews, opinions, DIYs, and other information every time someone joins the forum? This site is full of all sorts of great information - some of which translates to different generations, so don't limit yourself to L405s either. Search many ways, you'll find a plethora of knowledge waiting for your consumption.

But in the mean time, definitely consider the fact that RRs have always been a touch behind more tech-savvy vehicles...and sometimes quite more than a touch. But I forgive them...because everything else is superior!

Especially vs. taxpayer-subsidized vehicles that have enormous financial benefits to a billionaire owner and no driving range and negligible "footprint" benefits. I'm not down with giving moguls my money to start & run a company, AND giving private citizens my money to purchase said vehicles. If you can afford a Tesla you do not need my tax dollars. If the government is going to steal from me and redistribute my wealth, at least give it to more needy recipients.

But yes, the Teslas have great tech...thanks to about 20% of Americans (the ones who actually pay taxes) and some wonderful EV lobbying in DC.

Back on topic...right!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
We have a model x and I don't think the tech is that much better over the 2018 Range Rover. Yes the model x has some nice touches, like the voice search, autopilot, auto door open/close, etc...But it is also missing stuff that the range rover has, like nav in the cluster, hud, a good blind spot detection, aerial view, etc...

I pick the range rover rover 8 out of 10 times over our Tesla. If the Range Rover had autopilot I would probably pick it everytime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts