RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a 2006 Supercharged Range Rover, and I've been looking at the new 2010. I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who's had experience with both of these supercharged editions (ie: someone who's upgraded).

Two nits I noticed when looking at the 2010:
- The rear passenger window glass isn't double-glazed. I was sure my 2006 was. Maybe I'm mis-remembering
- I could not get "auto up" to work on any window other than that driver's. They didn't really delete this feature, did they?

Thanks!
Dave

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Re: Considering new 2010 Supercharged - Anyone experienced both?

I had an '08 S/C and now a '10 S/C. I'm not sure about the glass, but the auto up feature still works on all windows.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks! Any thoughts about one compared to the other?

·
Premium Member
417 Posts

I would say, the '10 is definately an upgrade, but the overall truck is pretty similar. There are alot of aesthetic changes and those are personal preference. The drivetrain is amazing, but the old S/C was very good.

Some of the things I don't like:
Key fob is gigantic and very heavy. You could use it as a self defense weapon.
Front brakes dust up even worse than the old Brembos. I didn't even think that was possible!!!
I miss the old "on road info" button on the old nav screen. It allowed you to see trip/range, miles to go etc. at a quick glance. Now, you have to cycle through all the choices on the dash display.
The mirrors fold by default every time you lock the car. This is not user changeable, and so far Land Rover has not provided the proper software to turn this feature off. My feeling is that after so many cycles in and out, the mirrors are going to fail or at least get wobbly. The button to fold them is still on the door and I want to choose when to do that.

With all that said, I really like this truck and would do it again.

The interior will be an even bigger upgrade for you, because they did some changes in '07.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts