RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a victim of VW's TDI-scandal and if the proposed buyback is finalized I will most likely sell my Touareg and consider a RR-S SE Td6 to replace it.

For those who own the Td6 could share their experiences with anything and everything about the vehicle I would love to read/hear about it.

I love diesel and I need to tow a 7,000lb boat and the RR-S fits the bill as I will not consider a JGrandCherokee with the Ecodiesel and have my mind pretty much set on a RR.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I find it is a great tow vehicle. My caravan weighs 3200 kg which is around 6700 pounds which I have towed on and off road. Auto seems to stay in 6 and 7th gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a victim of VW's TDI-scandal and if the proposed buyback is finalized I will most likely sell my Touareg and consider a RR-S SE Td6 to replace it.

For those who own the Td6 could share their experiences with anything and everything about the vehicle I would love to read/hear about it.

I love diesel and I need to tow a 7,000lb boat and the RR-S fits the bill as I will not consider a JGrandCherokee with the Ecodiesel and have my mind pretty much set on a RR.

I just got my 2016 RRS HSE td6 and it's been awesome. Great gas mileage, plenty of power and low end torque. The engine is very quiet for being a Diesel as well. You don't hear it inside the cabin, unless you really listen for it. I'm sure you'll be satisfied if you end up going that route.

Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
910 Posts
Ben I sent you a PM.

Darn it I swore hit post last night on a reply that I sent in this thread.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Ben I sent you a PM.

Darn it I swore hit post last night on a reply that I sent in this thread.
You did, and it got deleted.
This being a technical section of a Range Rover forum and all, and not a VW/Audi buyback forum.
Strange huh?:wink:
We have general discussion for such stuff, or PM's. The technical forums are not the place though.

Martin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

If I do get a RR-S, it will be a step-up from the Touareg, that I do know.

I have to wait to see what the outcome is for the 3.0L TDI and then consider ordering a new 2017 as I would like an SE with one package-the one with the headlights/seats/foglights, the HUD, Meridian sound and Tow package and that would be it, for just over $72K.

I envy you guys with higher trims.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I figured. After posted this morning I remembered and figured no big deal. Having a member with 1 post on some forums do not always have access to PM's though.

No big deal.

You did, and it got deleted.
This being a technical section of a Range Rover forum and all, and not a VW/Audi buyback forum.
Strange huh?:wink:
We have general discussion for such stuff, or PM's. The technical forums are not the place though.

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Same here, but he has 2 now seeing as I just approved his second posting:thumb:
There is a thin line between normal banter that can help others out (like this right here), and stuff that is way off base and only applies to one or two folks (The VW/Audi diesel debate). Not saying I always get it right, but I try.

Martin

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a RRStd last month and absolutely love it.

Best SUV I've owned, with city mpg around 24 and highway 32, averaging 26 on two fill ups. My first diesel, loving the 550 mile range.

Mine had absolutely zero options, and came in at 68.5. Did this for lease and resale purposes, and options don't have a great resale value (Porsche owner here) and the standard is so luxurious with the amazing leather that we don't miss it (though I may upgrade the sound, standard is quite bad).

·
Registered
204 Posts
I went from an early '13 TDI Treg Exec to my 2016 RRS diesel. Couldn't be happier

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have to say, I've been lurking (and participating, some) and just have not seen many posts related to what seem like pandemic or epidemic problems with these vehicles - everyone you talk to seems to think JLR vehicles are crap in terms of reliability, including Consumer Reports, but I'm not seeing that evidence in these forums.

Has the 254hp Td6 engine been around for a long time in Europe and Oz? Any problems or rumors of problems with them? High-pressure fuel pump, DEF heaters, turbos....? This is literally the only V6 turbodiesel for sale in the US in 2017 to date (thanks VW...). The only thing I've seen here is a software issue that seemed to trip the DEF quality warning, fixed by an update at the dealer - a few people seemed to have the problem, but no new occurrences posted in a couple months.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thought I would weigh in again. As I noted above, I traded a '13 Treg TDI Executive for my RRS HSE. Could not be happier. I am getting the same mileage or just a tad better (calculated at fill up at around 24.5 to 26 with the computer saying slightly more). When I bought the Exec I thought it was the best I could find. Loved the torque and the fit and finish was good. The downside was going to service with the other VW's. When you spend what I did on that car, I did expect more. Moved from Richmond to Scottsdale and drove the Treg out. Great trip, great ride. Just took my RRS from Scottsdale to The Sea Ranch in northern Sonoma County. Better ride, quieter, more solid and returned me north of 27mpg, that with my foot in the turbo all the way. Scottsdale/Wickenburg, Kingman, Tehachapi, and then the 5 to SF. The RRS just gave me the sense of heft and safety. And with the mid-range torque could do the right lane run around the left lane parkers. My biggest beef is the nav. Certainly a step down from the VW, the In Control apps seem just a bit lame and hard to use. I would have thought the RRS would have an altimeter like my Treg given what its is capable of, but I have not found that. All in all, a great car. Would buy the Cayenne diesel though if I could find one of them with low miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts