RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Looking at a FFRR for my wifes DD. I do own a dealership and mostly deal in Mercedes and Diesel VW's (I do have a shop that has a large specialty in LR's who does a good bit of my work)

Any reason to shy away from the TD6's with 60-90k miles? (I always worry about DPF's, Turbos etc but I am uneducated when it comes to LR diesels). Reliability is always the goal when it comes to her car, and I know LR isnt always up to the task but would like to source one with the most reliable mill

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would wait and get used 2018. Stay away from any models older than 2018.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I own 2016 TD for almost 3 years already. Currently it has 51K miles on ODO (got it when it had 12K) and i had no issues during my ownership except regular maintenance.

My daughter drives 2019 RR Supercharged and I do not see any significant difference between 2016 and 2019 models (except engine) . The main difference is new infotainment system, head and tail lights.

I’m not a fan of IPAD style dashboards, that all companies push to the market right now and I think that the old style is safer and more convenient to use. RR electronics always have been slow and the new models are not exception to this rule.

Based on my experience with this car I decided not to buy extended warranty. I own 2015 Audi A8 TDI and not so confident about that car, so I got extended warranty for 3 next years.

I honestly do not understand why previous post stating to stay away from cars older than 2018. My experience is totally opposite. With this logic I can suggest to wait for 2022, when the new model will come up and get that one :))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
aeggroup
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing