RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not been on the forum for quite sometime because I sold my 95 LWB County after an unfortunate accident. Since my kids were older I purcahsed a larger truck to hold all of them and their friends. Now that they're gone, I'm looking at going back to the RR.

I'm really only interested in the 03/04 models, as this is probably all I can afford. I'm generally more handy than most with car repairs and maintenance, although I have a good RR indy for major issues.

I've researched the sites about the RR and generally it looks better than my 95, but I think this forum might have good input on it. I've looked at a couple in the 65k to 75k mileage range (which I know isn't much) and I've also read about the front diff recall. The ones I looked at seemed quite damaged on the inside with the crushed armrest (read about that too) and the chipping of the silver coating (didn't read anything about that). The driver seats were also more worn than I expected (more worn than my +150k mile 95).

Are all these normal and what else should I consider?

Thanks,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pass your way if the seats and Armrest are destroyed . they should not be , it means previous owner was either grossly overweight or not carin=g with its truck .......

Nowadays all diff recall should have been performed .

You should check very carefully the cooling system , no trace of leaks , no hard hoses , and also check the expansion tank , very fragile .

What you should do is have a a flush and change of all the autobox fluids .

The autobox should be smooth and all gears and low ratio should engage properly .

Check no faults on the dashboard computer . and check all audio and gps components working fine as this costs an arm and a leg ,
Same with all the electrics , ( windows , roof , lights , aircon ... and so on . ) .

Also if you want comfort , rims not bigger than 19 ...

Jaybear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts