RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after much swearing and many beverages consumed I've put the motor back together with a rebuilt set of heads. I tried starting her up today for the first time after topping up all the fluids and after cranking for a few seconds I smelled gas pretty strongly and sure enough there was a large quantity of gas flowing down the garage floor. It is coming from the connection at the fuel underneath the coils. Scary place for a leak... Anyway, fuel just gushes out of there so I assume I'm missing an o-ring or something. I haven't been able to find any info on this and I'm not sure what I'll be looking for when I dig back down in there. Does anyone have a diagram or know what should be there?

Thanks!
Chris.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, it's #6 there, I guess what I need is a blow up of the connector itself. I couldn't find one in RAVE or any mention of it other than, stuff some rags back there and disconnect. Presumably there is an O-ring that I am missing or something. I don't have access to the parts manual, perhaps it is in there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tore it all down and it is not leaking at the connection, it is leaking from a pinhole in the pipe near the connector. I must have pinched it somewhere along the way. Now I just need to find that pipe and get it all back together, again.... Hopefully this is the last issue I encounter and I can get this truck on the road.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears this pipe goes from the connection at the fuel rail, across the tranny, down the side of the tranny and transfer case, and connects there to a line from the fuel tank. It also appears to become one molded pipe with the evap pipe somewhere along the way. Should I be replacing this whole assembly? Is it unwise to splice into fuel lines?

Thanks,
Chris.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to keep this going so long... Just spoke with the Stealer and if they can find the hose anywhere (it is an obsolete part), they cost $357 US. Looks like I'll be splicing into the line somewhere...

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hope you get it running soon. I'm sure it would be useful info when you find the appropriate size and type of fitting to make the repair. `)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Connection at fuel rail - Bosch !Solved!

One would think that when your fuel line pops you could just go grab some and splice something in but NOOOOOOO!!! At least not to my knowledge. Our rangies use this wonderful type of fuel line.
[attachment=2:16hlmkzp]IMG_2666.jpg[/attachment:16hlmkzp]
It looks like an EAS air line inside a rubber hose. Myself nor the local parts shop guy could figure out what to do with this. I suppose some brass compression fittings might work but the break sits right next to the header, in fact, it would have been squirting a great volume of misty gasoline all over the header and I'm amazed the previous owner didn't burn his truck down. A close up of the leak, this was pointing towards the header and is about an inch away from it.
[attachment=0:16hlmkzp]IMG_2664.jpg[/attachment:16hlmkzp]
The affected area, the connector plugs into the rear of the fuel rail. The hose continues from there, across and alongside the transmission to the rear of the transfer case where it plugs into another of the same sort of connector.
[attachment=1:16hlmkzp]IMG_2665.jpg[/attachment:16hlmkzp]

The solution (in my case) was to order part #WJP108240. This is the complete fuel line as well as the evap hose, as they become one assembly somewhere over the tranny. The dealer parts guy actually referred me to Rovers North for this one. RN didn't have one on hand but have ordered one from across the pond for around $70 bucks. Another rover week gone...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts