1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY2018 - RRSC 5.0 Dynamic
Incontrol Touch Pro Version 19C_19.46.4-458817

I had been having some issue connecting to my home WIFI as well as my cell phone as a source of connectivity other than the internal SIM. Why pay for an extra connection? I was hoping the recent software version upgrade would have solved this but is seems that it hasn't. I get an IP address and a good signal but none of the features that utilize a broad band connection seem to work with online content - web browser, "Live" features, weather, traffic, etc.

Is there a trick to using cell phone as a hotspot or home WIFI as a connection?

·
Registered
85 Posts
This looks like a misconfigured DHCP server on your network. Subnet, DNS and default gateway (if any) must also contain numbers, just the IP for the host isn't enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This looks like a misconfigured DHCP server on your network. Subnet, DNS and default gateway (if any) must also contain numbers, just the IP for the host isn't enough.
Every other device I have connects to my WIFI without a problem. This same Subnet/DNS/Gateway thing happens even when I connect to my cell phone hotspot. I am inclined to think it is something with the vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your phone's wifi hotspot should have a DHCP server on as default - unless you have a good reason not to allow your car to pick up an IP address etc. automatically from the gateway, then your car should be set to DHCP rather than a manually entered/static IP address. In order for an IP network to function properly, you have to have the subnet set properly, and if you want to access anything on the internet by its domain name rather than IP address (which you do in this case), you have to have a DNS server set up in your IP settings. DHCP is the easiest way to obtain all of these.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your phone's wifi hotspot should have a DHCP server on as default - unless you have a good reason not to allow your car to pick up an IP address etc. automatically from the gateway, then your car should be set to DHCP rather than a manually entered/static IP address. In order for an IP network to function properly, you have to have the subnet set properly, and if you want to access anything on the internet by its domain name rather than IP address (which you do in this case), you have to have a DNS server set up in your IP settings. DHCP is the easiest way to obtain all of these.
I'll dig thru the settings but I don't recall anywhere on the car where there are modifiable settings for DHCP. It seems like the car is stuck on a static IP address.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have this issue as well (2020 with 19B). I remember seeing something release notes for the telematics software that mentioned a fix for this bug. Unfortunately, you have to go to the dealer to get a software update for the telematics ECU and I haven't done so yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts