RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to connect a MP3 player into the audio system on the cheap, can this be done?

The head unit has an AUX selection ,could I just plug it into the AUX jacks at rear of the deck with the right cord?(not worried about displaying song names)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a kit at urban rovers to do the job,

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
143 Posts
srgsaibot said:
This kit allows you still to use the cd changer.

Also is easy to install without having to remove the head unit.

http://www.urbanrovers.com/store/range- ... n-p-1.html
Looks good and the video on the link is simple. But, is this compatible with a 02 L322?, the video does not show the interior of the car, have you put one in your 02?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It works but seems to cross feed when switched to ipod. Can hear cd playing faintly in the back ground.

Have contacted uban rover waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Perfectly normal. I have the Urban Rovers kit. While it's not the perfect solution, it is the perfect inexpensive solution until you are ready to spend $$$.

I'm not quite sure how the system works but without anything running on the Urban Rover kit in the ipod mode you will hear a faint CD level since you have to have the volume a bit higher in the ipod mode to get the save level you would have in the CD changer mode. I think they are pretty clear as well about making sure you turn the volume DOWN before you switch back to CD changer.

Now, if you are hearing CD's playing at the same time you are playing ipod songs then you might have the same problem I had. My kit was assembled incorrectly by Urban Rovers so the pin locations were not in the proper locations to line up properly with the Rover harness. Since their piece it a mold I had to modify my end at the Rover harness. It was easy enough (or so I thought) to just relocate the pins to lineup properly with the incorrect location on the Urban Rovers kit but one of the wires broke off it's Rover harness and I had to go to the dealer (BMW) to get a replacement wire as well as a new harness. Couldn't find the harness so Urban offered to exchange out the harness for me since they stock them. That's an entirely different story that I really don't want to get in to since it left a very bad taste in my mouth with Urban Rovers.

Long story short, I got it all working and happy that I have an ipod solution until I'm ready to step up and spend some $$$ on an aftermarket setup that has all the bells and whistles (i.e., ipod, gps, cd, BT, backup camera, DVD, etc)

·
Registered
24 Posts
im checking out all these kits.. they say until 04 range rovers.. if my vehicle says it was manufactured 25:11:04 , does it make it a 04?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Trasky said:
im checking out all these kits.. they say until 04 range rovers.. if my vehicle says it was manufactured 25:11:04 , does it make it a 04?
Sounds like you have a 2005. What does your vehicle registration state? 2004 model year usually ends manufacture in summer 2004.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dell said:
Trasky said:
Sounds like you have a 2005. What does your vehicle registration state? 2004 model year usually ends manufacture in summer 2004.
welp.. its an 2005.. i found the original data that was on the suv in the showroom.. errr, so is there nothing i can do to get an ipod in here

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm not familiar with what years can get which but I think the 2003-2004 are BMW specific and then starting 2005 they moved to a Jaguar based system?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dell said:
I'm not familiar with what years can get which but I think the 2003-2004 are BMW specific and then starting 2005 they moved to a Jaguar based system?
i have been doing some searching.. it seems you can get the ACM for 07+ rovers to work

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
25 Posts
Have a 2007 L322

Do I need special connectors or is it a case of connecting to the aux ports at the back of the head unit? If so how hard is the head unit to remove?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts