RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late diesel (2.5hdse) from year 2000. (the model year is 2000).

This car has a small airco condensor . (about 2/3 the size of a normal p38 condensor. part number JRB000030 or JRB000040)

Can anybody help me with the right partnumbers for the O-rings. The condensor have 2 O-rings. a small and a larger one ( around 11mm and 8mm)
(Microcat is not giving the partnumbers and also 8 mm is not lited) (the ones i removed were not original, so leaking. so can not measure them)

May be also somebody nows if there is another condensor wich will fit the diesel. because the condensor s not available anymore.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,426 Posts
I have got a 2000 DSE. You are talking about the condenser radiator behind the fans on the front? Right?

OEM replacements are readily available. Replaced mine a couple of years ago.

Maybe yours has been modified at some stage.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,219 Posts
I just had a look in Microcat, and there's a selection of O-rings in the "Cooling and Heating" section, subsection "Air Conditioning", Subsection "Hoses"

Right at the bottom of the page is a group of different sized O-rings:

JUU100220L is 7mm
JUU100230L is 9mm
JUU100100L is 11mm
JUU100240L is 14mm
STC3110 is 17mm

Hope this helps,

Marty

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi dave2d,
As far as i know, the condensor is not available anymore. Also not aftermarket. part #JRB000040.
All P38 have the same condensor. Except the late diesel model with EGR. This condensor is about 2/3 size of the standard condensor (STC3679). You can not fit the standard condensor.
If you know any suplier in the UK. Let me know.

Thanks, Fred

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Marty_nz,
Thanks for your reply. I found this O-rings in microcat. However all books says the condensor has 2 the same o-rings. The late diesel model has 2 different size o-rings.
The microcat says o-rings are 7, 9,11,14 and 17 mm.
The o-ring I removed out of the consensor is 8 mm..... I could not find any part number for that one.
I think the problem is it was only available for the model year 2001 P38 diesel.

But i am searching. will let you know the results.
Fred

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
As a side note; the aftermarket version of STC3679 is in stock with Rimmer Bros. Verified by phone call. LR original STC3679 is on back order and do in within a couple weeks.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Getting back on track for the ORings I can't help but think a few phones calls to suppliers would help out. I often run into obscure parts that are not listed on websites. Once you snag someone that has been in the system for awhile they will know exactly what you mean and can find it for ya.

·
Registered
448 Posts
from what you are saying the O rings are a different size then it follows on that the pipes are different size as well. (Do you have the part No for the pipes) as we are talking about one mill have you tried one of the ones listed it maybe that the one you removed was stretched
Tony

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the part number of the condensor IS NOT stc3679 but JRB000040.!!! Rimmer does not have that one also.

There is something wrong with the o-rings. it could be stredged, but they look in good condition. The one I take out is 8mm. The diameter is 1,9mm. I think the diameter from the 7 and 9 mm o-rings are around 2,4 mm. so bigger to.

As suggested look for the partnumber of the pipes. The pipes are also not in microcat. The 2 pipes are different in size and also the way they are fitted is difference. (not as drawed in microcat and rave).

The situation is now, that i can ot find the right partnumber for te o-rings. Today we go dismantle it and do a measurement on the pipes and the condensor holes. to see wat is the correct size of the O-rings.

I visit the dealer and they do a search to, but could not find. also an airco specilalist.
Funny things everybody thinks the stc3679 is the only condensor fitted in a P38....

Not so a big issue. But when somebody knowes. it save time.

I let you now the results in a couple of days.
Fred

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first thanks aal for the reply.

We measure the pipes and the places of the o-rings.
It looks like there was a wrong o-ring . (and also replaced by the same wrong o-ring).
The small ring looks like a juu500020 The 7 mm one. This is conform one of the o-rigs in microcat.
The bigger o-ring ia a 11mm one. We replaced that one with the juu100220l (this is a disco 3 airco o-ring, but looks like the same)
conform microcat it must be the 11mm juu100100l. So i think it is solved. We now go for a pressure test next week

last thing anybody know if the juu100220l can stay or better replace it with the juu100100l ?
anybody also now if there are new condensors jrb000040 available? or look alike's from other cars wich will fit also

·
Registered
971 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Above is the STC3679. this unit is not for the diesel. The diesel need jrb000040. ( I search the internet and it is not available anymore)

I ordered the O-ring 11mm juu100100l. This ring is NOT the right part (to thin).
So the O-rings which were fitted were the problem. The jrb000040 has other size o-ring. On servicing they place the wrong size.

This are the parts I fit now. Now the small leak is over.

1x juu500020 (7 mm)
1x juu100220l (11 mm)

·
Registered
343 Posts
tonybig666 we've been fooled by a 5 year old thread:oops:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts