RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gudday all,

I noticed today when giving the A/C its weekly run that the condensor fans didnt cut in as soon as the compressor did. Does anybody elses do the same? I noticed in RAVE certain pressures have to be met, coould it be these simply havent been met? The AC appears cold (what wouldnt this time of year..), certainly the return pipe to the compressor is.

Secondly, i just put in a new teflon seal and O rings in the EAS compressor, wow what a difference to attaining a higher setting, the old seal was sad.. However the compressor seems to operate a lot. On level ground, it will run for 2 mins or so on start up then every 45 seconds or so itll restart for 45 seconds or so. The interior of the compressor was dusty, so any areas i should clean? No apparent air leaks...

·
Registered
65 Posts
daljames said:
Gudday all,

I noticed today when giving the A/C its weekly run that the condensor fans didnt cut in as soon as the compressor did. Does anybody elses do the same? I noticed in RAVE certain pressures have to be met, coould it be these simply havent been met? The AC appears cold (what wouldnt this time of year..), certainly the return pipe to the compressor is.
daljames said:
Condenser fans only operate if the trianary switch is tripped. Hence if you are operating the air con in low ambient temperatures do not expect the condenser fans to run that frequently.

daljames said:
Secondly, i just put in a new teflon seal and O rings in the EAS compressor, wow what a difference to attaining a higher setting, the old seal was sad.. However the compressor seems to operate a lot. On level ground, it will run for 2 mins or so on start up then every 45 seconds or so itll restart for 45 seconds or so. The interior of the compressor was dusty, so any areas i should clean? No apparent air leaks...
daljames said:
Sounds 'bout right. The pressure cutout sensor is located a long way from the storage tank. That's one of the reasons why. 2 mins to fill up is great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks heaps, i was hoping that would be the case, all relays and fuses appeared ok too, i also disconnected and reconnected the plugs at both pressure switches for the fans.

The EAS compressor has settled right down now and doesnt continue to run on and off.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
daljames said:
bonnychoo said:
Sounds 'bout right. The pressure cutout sensor is located a long way from the storage tank. That's one of the reasons why. 2 mins to fill up is great.
@ Bonny - not right at all. Normal, but not right. If the EAS compressor runs every 2 minutes, on-off, on-off..., you have leaks.

@ daljames - glad it's settled down now, normal ops is:
on for a few minutes after raising, then every 5 minutes or less often. On the highway, mine runs about 30 seconds every 45 minutes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts