RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my compressor kicks on but the air tank is not filling up but it's also not losing air unless I lower or raise the truck. I have a gauge so I know this isn't happening. I have confirmed the following
  1. The compressor is making good air and was rebuilt
  2. Pressure switch is new and works
  3. No air is escaping from the exhaust port due to a new diaphragm installed
  4. Block was completely rebuilt a year ago
I disconnected the compressor and with available tank pressure was able to lower to the bump stops and then raise it to ride height. This makes me believe that my air ingress and egress solenoids are functioning, but somewhere air is getting blocked from going to the tank.

I'm at a loss in figuring out where the air is getting blocked and not getting to the tank. Appreciate anyone's help in solving this.

Matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there. I confirmed that the air flow is getting blocked by NRV 1. I pulled the valve block and I'm going to investigate NRV 1. When I pull it apart, what should I look for? It's clear to me that it has failed and is either lodged, stuck, or maybe some desiccant debris. I also confirmed that the diaphragm valve and solenoid is working as intended. Fingers crossed I'll be able to repair quickly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I solved this issue. NRV1 was stuck that it took using a needle nose plier to dislodge it. I used some isopropyl alcohol to clean the nrv’s and pathways and out it all back together. There’s was a small element of grease present even though I didn’t grease anything. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts