RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents, just bought a rrs 06 remini red ( wine colour) and fitted 22" rinspeed rims matt black finish on them.

Looks the bizle... Only problem that i have is a compressor noise kicking in afterabout 1 minute from ignition start up... Its very loud and annoying and then lets of a tiny burst of compresed air... Its goes after 2-3 minutes.... Any ideas what it could be? Is it normal?

Appreciate the feedback

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Not knowing how loud "loud" is, but the operation sounds normal. Compressors don't last forever, but in a dry area like Dubai they should last longer than normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not knowing how loud "loud" is, but the operation sounds normal. Compressors don't last forever, but in a dry area like Dubai they should last longer than normal.
Thanks alot.. Feeling much better.. The dealer told me it could just be acoustic insulation, or just its making the spare wheel tyre vibrate giving that noise.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,687 Posts
So Shocker, lemme make sure I have this correct. As a new member you hop on board, pop off some rediculous ghetto slang and are now getting pissy because folks are giving you a good natured welcome ribbing? Maybe you need to go drizzle your bizle out in a sand dune somewhere before getting snarky with long term members here. :naughty:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Shocker, lemme make sure I have this correct. As a new member you hop on board, pop off some rediculous ghetto slang and are now getting pissy because folks are giving you a good natured welcome ribbing? Maybe you need to go drizzle your bizle out in a sand dune somewhere before getting snarky with long term members here. :naughty:
As a new member, i came with a problem to which this is a technical forum for fellow members to help and advise. If i wanted " good natured ribbing" then i have friends for that from ppl whom know me very well, not from long term members whom have to disrespect another persons choice of taste... We are not in kindergarden to say "mine is better than yours, or yours is rubbish, etc.." . As an administrator you should not encourage this sort of " ribbing" to new members..

·
Registered
521 Posts
You must be new to the interwebs. Let me break it down:

You came here for help and got offended by people being, hmm, people.
You used this forum as a resource for your issue. FOR FREE.
You solicited advice from a COMMUNITY of enthusiasts who owe you NOTHING.

Let me give you a little advice about life, love and the persuit of free technical expertise on the internets.

1. Be humble. People are more willing to help out those that are genuinely asking for help who have a good attitude and a healthy respect for the community they are associated with.
2. As with any community, those who are new and have offered nothing in return to the collective intelligence of the community, expect some degree of ribbing, hazing etc. You don't demand respect, you earn it.
3. You're just lucky Goosey didn't get in on this thread. He's the dizle.

There are good people here. As such, treat the seasoned members with respect and you'll get the information you need. Come in like a jack ass demanding answers and disrespecting people who know a hell of alot more about your car than you do will get you nowhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Shocker....my 2006 RRS is Loud Too....have you found a solution??
Everything is fine but comp is loud...its new as well.

i'm in Dubai so ant RR stuff is useful...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts