RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been several posts recently about failing suspension, and a few times this has been linked to compressor failure.

My compressor and the rest of my EAS has covered 120,000 miles (at least there is no history of it being changed by LR). It would be interesting to hear from people who have had to change their compressors out and at what mileage. If loads of people have replaced their compressors at x0,000 miles then we can start to get an idea of what the life of a compressor "should" be.

The same info on springs would also be useful, but I wonder if there are too many environmental variables to reliably work out a air springs life expectancy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine got replaced @ 5000 miles. It was noisy. Replacement has been quiet and reliable for 45k miles hence.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
196 Posts
My 06my has just been replaced at 66000 miles , it's been throwing faults for a wee while now but I'm in Hong Kong just now so I can't say what the fault is. My front offside airbag was also done st 63000 miles.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
31 Posts
Mine was done at about 75000 on a 2002

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I wonder how many really fail based on the compressor itself or something else fouled up that's completely overlooked.

I've got 60,000 on my 04, all original springs and compressor.

·
Registered
293 Posts
replaced dec 2004 @ 42K miles - but first LR tech replaced the pressure relief valve twice before figuring out it was the compressor, must have been "going" bad and presenting with the symptoms of a bad pressure relief valve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts