RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cheers friends!

I've not posted pix in a while and thought you might enjoy seeing the "mods" I've made to my 2010 RRS HSE LUX. I'm not terribly adventurous so you'll see not only are my mods cosmetic, they're also OEM stock parts (i.e. Land Rover original parts).

One thing I'm quite proud of is the 3M paint protection film applied on the Hood, bumper, headlamps, side mirrors & door handle "cups". I am so impressed with how it turned out. You can barely see the line on the hood (see the very last pic which was hard to do!) One tip if you're considering the paint protection is to REMOVE THE LETTERING on the hood first, have the film applied to the entire front of the hood then reapply (new) lettering. This way the hood is fully protected and you won’t have that funky rectangle cut-out around "Range Rover".

Mods as follows;
  • SC front skid plate
  • SC grille (surround painted Santorini Black)
  • Painted door handles (Santorini Black)
  • HSE Luxury badge on boot (replaced HSE SPORT)
  • Black Mesh "Range Rover" side vents
  • Gloss black SC 5-spoke 20" wheels
  • "Range Rover" center caps
  • Brushed Aluminum pedals & foot-rest
  • Chrome exhaust tips (non-OEM)
  • LED bulbs for side indicator & reverse (non-OEM)
  • "Range Rover" brushed aluminum door sills (non-OEM)
  • 3M Paint protection for entire front end
Below are some pix of the above mods.

P.S.
Pix on the wall in background are my "Certifications" from the Land Rover Experience events I've done. :)

Cheers,

6578094357_e37fb2dcab_z.jpg
6578093111_2efe784a66_z.jpg
6578092261_3958d53efc_z.jpg
6578092001_625d28ea4f_z.jpg
5724435518_c8fe5064d7_z.jpg
6578405245_8f8bb4098f_z.jpg
6578091723_0ecbfdf791_z.jpg

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice! Where did you get the pedals?
Any dealer can order them however I got from Duckworth Land Rover in the U.K. Even with shipping & the exchange rate they were still cheaper than buying local. I think I paid $300 (or slightly under) for the set. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
This looks great! Can you provide a little more info around the Chrome exhaust tips? Where you picked them up, easy to install, etc?

thx......ArkFortyCal

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This looks great! Can you provide a little more info around the Chrome exhaust tips? Where you picked them up, easy to install, etc?

thx......ArkFortyCal
I found them on these boards actually! They're the Gibson tips. I ordered from their website which I forget the address. Do a search here on the RRS forum for "exhaust tips" or "Gibson tips", I'm sure you'll find it! And they were super easy to instal - 15min or less! ;-)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Where did you get the 3M kit? I applied a kit to my headlights only on my previous car and hated the whole experience with spraying, holding a blow drier to soften the material to conform onto the surface, and getting the bubbles out. I may be able muster enough courage to try again.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where did you get the 3M kit? I applied a kit to my headlights only on my previous car and hated the whole experience with spraying, holding a blow drier to soften the material to conform onto the surface, and getting the bubbles out. I may be able muster enough courage to try again.
Like you I had originally planned to do just the headlamps myself but then was afraid of not getting it right then have to pay someone to "fix" it. The materials and installation is guaranteed for 5yrs. They told me to come back in a week after each install (I did my XF too) and they would adjust any blemishes. (I had only 2 on the RRS which they fixed.)

Because I did 2 cars they gave me a "deal" but the breakdown was $550 for the XF & $650 for the RRS. I had hood, headlamps, bumper, front fenders (XF only), door cups (RRS only) & mirrors done but they can do anything you want such as the A-pillars, roof above windshield, full hood and even wrap the entire car!

I totally drank the cool-aide on this one. I was a hater for years on having "Clear-bras" installed but once I did the XF & RRS I only regretted not doing it on the last 5 cars I owned! While not cheap it may be worth having done professionally if nothing else for the comfort knowing you're good for 5 years. ;-)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Darnit, CA SPORT! How are people supposed to know that mine's an SC and yours is the NA!!? JK. It looks great. Well done.

I was riding alongside a 2011 Sport with the new "HSE Luxury" badge. I was ticked because that was one of the ways to tell an HSE from a SC. Exhaust tips, grill and underside color, brakes and that grey rectangle on the back. I'm actually kind of surprised Rover doesn't differentiate the two more like Chrysler SRT, Porsche & Bimmer does. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Darnit, CA SPORT! How are people supposed to know that mine's an SC and yours is the NA!!? JK. It looks great. Well done.

I was riding alongside a 2011 Sport with the new "HSE Luxury" badge. I was ticked because that was one of the ways to tell an HSE from a SC. Exhaust tips, grill and underside color, brakes and that grey rectangle on the back. I'm actually kind of surprised Rover doesn't differentiate the two more like Chrysler SRT, Porsche & Bimmer does. Just sayin'.
lol - agreed Weatherman! But as they say copycat is the most sincere form of flattery!

I'm surprised too that there is such a subtle difference from HSE to SC but the exhaust will always give that away as well as popping the hood. That said I've intentionally kept the HSE LUX designation as I don't want it to apear I'm trying to pass for something I'm not (i.e. like the dorks who slap the M5 badge on the back of a 525i). The simple fact is (IMO) the titanium (silver) trim looks better than the gun-metal (grey). My primary motivation was to update to the more current "look" ala MY2012 by painting the grille & door handles and adding the center caps, badge & vents.

So thank you for allowing me (and others) to emulate your good taste!`)

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts

I just debadged my lift gate...other than the exhaust tips...kinda keeps 'em guessing.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey, doesn't BWB RRS have the ummmm, ahhhhh, hmmmmmm, ummmmm Range Rover Sport? I heard his really is ummmm, ahhhhh. Does it have the ummmm, ahhhhh.... I don't want to race that CA SPORT because he has the ummmmm, ahhhhh, hmmmmm.

Totally kidding, guys. These machines are their own breed, no matter the trim. (I sure love the supercharger though.) Both CA SPORT and BWB's machines look great.

You know what we all don't talk about though? Dynamic Response. When you have one with and one without in the family, you know just how awesome it feels. I think they all handle the same though. Okay. Whoops. Off topic. Nice work, Me.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
Hey, doesn't BWB RRS have the ummmm, ahhhhh, hmmmmmm, ummmmm Range Rover Sport? I heard his really is ummmm, ahhhhh. Does it have the ummmm, ahhhhh.... I don't want to race that CA SPORT because he has the ummmmm, ahhhhh, hmmmmm.

Totally kidding, guys. These machines are their own breed, no matter the trim. (I sure love the supercharger though.) Both CA SPORT and BWB's machines look great.

You know what we all don't talk about though? Dynamic Response. When you have one with and one without in the family, you know just how awesome it feels. I think they all handle the same though. Okay. Whoops. Off topic. Nice work, Me.
Pretty funny there Weatherman....just like Elton John at the H-D 100th!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice mods! Are the pedals the Land Rover stainless steel set? I read somewhere they didn't fit 2010+ RRS. Any issues installing them or is there a specific model for 2010+? Appreciated!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
102 Posts
I love those side vents. Do those work on pre-2010 models?

BTW, nice job in all that you do. Much better than the MurderedOut look like someone else posted. Gotta keep it classy and close to OEM. Love all the mods, but the wheels. I'm just not a fan of black wheels and love the silver look. Cheers, though!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
185 Posts
AWESOME!! You just made me want to buy those vents!!

I think it's happening.

Also, those tips do look much better. I def need to pick them up!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
can you confirm the part number on the exhaust tips you ordered? I found it as #500437 in the other thread.

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. I've lost my invoice/records for these (which is odd since I save everything!) There is a thread here somewhere from the vendor. It would be a year old now but that's how I found and ordered the tips. My apologies. :sad:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice mods! Are the pedals the Land Rover stainless steel set? I read somewhere they didn't fit 2010+ RRS. Any issues installing them or is there a specific model for 2010+? Appreciated!
Sorry to you as well for the late reply. The stainless steel pedals for the RRS fit all models 2006 through current year. It's one of the few parts that fit the "old" RRS & "new RRS. They were easy to install but you need a drill that can penetrate steel. The foot rest was a no brainer but the brake pedal & gas pedal were awkward. I say awkward as the install is easy but the pedals were hard to get behind with my low-brow tools. I ended up taking it to my dealer who charged me just 1hr labor to finish the job.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I love those side vents. Do those work on pre-2010 models?

BTW, nice job in all that you do. Much better than the MurderedOut look like someone else posted. Gotta keep it classy and close to OEM. Love all the mods, but the wheels. I'm just not a fan of black wheels and love the silver look. Cheers, though!

Hey msh! Sadly the vents fit only MY2010+. When they're removed (from 2010+ models) the fender itself is also new as there is a"cut out" or "impression" in the fender that reaches all the way to the end of the panel where it meets the door. There would be no way of fitting the newer style vents to MY2006-09 without modifying the fender. Alternatively there is a guy on eBay & YouTube who sells one that fits MY2006-09. It looks pretty close! I think the vendor is called Powerful UK limited or powerfulUK.

I was the same on the black wheels for a long time - a bit too ghetto and here in CA they're so "L.A." However the more RRs , Cayennes & Bentleys I saw with black rims the more it grew on me so I drank this cool-aide too! I suppose when this fad passes I'll go back to silver! ;-)

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts