RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with the idea of removing my entire system, head unit/speakers/sub/all amps/CD changer/Wiring, and replacing it all with after market equipment. I know that the factory stuff is very good but I do want to redo the entire system exactly to my liking. If i were to remove the entire system how much would should I sell the complete set of electronics for? Everything works and the only problem is a little crackle from the front right door's mid range and the head unit sometimes acts up. I'd really like to not part it out but is that my best bet? I have not looked be hind the door panel so I was wondering if there was any sound deadening that came from the factory? Also, will I need to have a custom kit made to install the head unit to properly fit in the dash because I cant seem to find one on the net? Thanks in advance for the input and let me know if you are looking for a complete Alpine/HK system.
-Scott

·
Registered
468 Posts
Aftermarket h/u will fit in dash easily. You might need to buy some plastic side pieces but they're cheap.

Doors aren't deadened.You can get down to about 120hz without deadening. Been meaning to deaden mine but haven't got to it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Anyone know what the entire system is worth?

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
cscLMM said:
Thanks for the input. Anyone know what the entire system is worth?
I would imagine with a crackling speaker and a head unit that acts up not many folks would be interested. An add in the sale/wanted section might be good for folks wanting parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts