RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to this model RR, so I'm hoping someone can clue me in as to what the above means when I'm using my Nav. Cheers

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts
Change the Nav to Off-Road Mode and try again, not in the car but I believe if you get to the map screen and then press the Nav hard key again, you should get the choice on the touch screen for On Road or Off Road - after selecting Off Road mode, the compass should start working.

This is yet another counter intuitive, frustrating, total lack of useful UI design by Land Rover.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Michaeltw, thank you for taking the time to guide me, howver, I am unclear as to what you mean when you say "not in the car", or "then press the Nav hard key again". Sorry for appearing so dense...could you please explain?
Cheers,
Ray

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Super easy. He was not in the car, but you should be.

Press the nav button once and then again and hold to go to off road mode. I am not in an L322 either, but I remember a bit of a hold for off road mode on the tempermental nav system.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts
Don't believe holding the button has anything to do with it - just get to the map screen(clear warnings, destination prompts, etc...) and hit the Nav button, it's labeled Nav on an '08, just an icon on the '06, it's the top right button off the touchscreen. After you hit it, you should get the screen with two choices, hit the Off Road choice and you're where you want to be, on mine, the compass appears as an overlay immediately on the right side.

If you're still having issues, I can probably put up some pics, but this is documented in the manual too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok guys, I'll give it a try and report back. Thank you again.
Cheers :pray:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great...got it to work. Thank you...now...how do I get to the alitimeter setting (assuming it has one :think: )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts