RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What in the world is this compartment for?
You press the release button and
it has a plastic bag all smushed inside it.
I feel EXTRA stupid for asking...but thanks for advising what this thing is.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
it's most likely the optional ski bag. Its designed to load your skis from the cargo area and through to the back seat area so they are not damaged by road spray and salts.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
37 Posts
Yes, RRToadHall is correct! It's for yo skis maaaaan! It protects the leather from getting cut by the ski edges. Personally, I'm a big fan of skiing and pretty much all snow sports and when seeing that it made me want to buy and use it for that reason alone. Irrational of sorts, sure, but nice to have. If you haven't gone skiing in a while, or ever, maybe it's time to take a trip into the mountains and use that!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Thanks guys. I just found that there is a "door" on the front side of that compartment wherein the purpose became clear.
Nice of you guys to answer.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
335 Posts
Ha ha - yes I'm a skier too and I used the bag once because I didn't my rack mounted at the time. As a skier, I think it's cool that Land Rover put that in.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I use that center pass-through all ski season long. I love it, otherwise my skis wouldn't actually fit in the cargo area. I've had other larger SUVs where my skis would actually fit in flat diagonally so this was a much-appreciated feature by LR that still allows me to keep our gear covered and concealed when we're travelling to & from the slopes.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm a snowboarder, and just got .y 10 year old son into it also. Haven't tried, but assume our boards won't fit into the ski pass through area. His fits flat in the cargo area, and mine rests over the seat opposite his. No big deal.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts