RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone, I'd like to please ask for a tire recommendation. I'm looking for comfortable, quiet road tires. I would appreciate feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
85 Posts
I don't have an answer for you, but you might check the customer reviews at a large online tire retailer such as Tire Rack. Tire Rack customer reviews include both "Ride Comfort" and "Noise Comfort" ratings for a given tire model.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi, everyone, I'd like to please ask for a tire recommendation. I'm looking for comfortable, quiet road tires. I would appreciate feedback. Thanks
What year / trim? Are you running 20’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi, looking at 255/55 R20 or 275/55 R20. Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have an answer for you, but you might check the customer reviews at a large online tire retailer such as Tire Rack. Tire Rack customer reviews include both "Ride Comfort" and "Noise Comfort" ratings for a given tire model.
thanks very much, I am checking the website. Just wanted to know if someone was looking for the same tire as me and had some real experience with them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
thanks very much, I am checking the website. Just wanted to know if someone was looking for the same tire as me and had some real experience with them.
BFG All Terrain in a 275/55 (doesn’t come in a smaller size for a 20) has anyone experienced the KO2s? Are they quieter?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
266 Posts
Exactly what 9RR said, run dedicated summer tires (Michelin or Continental are the best, in my opinion) and you'll have a nice and quiet ride.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just put on 275/55r20 ATII Toyo tires , This is the second time as they were so impressive the first time around , they lasted four years before i replaced them two days ago and they were far from worn... they are great in water , snow, mud, dessert and quiet in the highway. very comfortable.. i often see cars spinning off the hihway but that never happens in my rig , i often stop to help folk out who spun out.
Each tire cost me $207 at a Bridgestone chain stop , ordered, mounted and balanced on the same day. I got 4. They also look awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been using Falken tires promoted by Americas Tire/Discount Tire in the US western states for a couple of cycles. Very smooth and quiet (until the wear bars get involved and tell you it's time for new tires). I also went up to 265/50R20 in size.

I've been using 60-65k mile rated tires for a while, and the Falkens are about half the price of the Bridgestones I had before. The original Dunlops and the Goodyear Eagles I replaced them with were 30k tires. We tow the Rover behind our RV for roughly half the year, so the miles add up.

George C, 2005 L322

·
Registered
8 Posts
December 2019 I replaced all 5 tires with this Continental option and it's quiet and rides well.

CONTINENTAL
TERRAIN CONTACT A/T
255 /55 R19 111V XL BSW

·
Registered
11 Posts
Consider all-season or high-performance tires for comfort and low road noise. Michelin is one of the top brands but on the pricey side. If you are on a budget, hankook and nexen tires are a decent choice.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
610 Posts
I just put Michelin Defender LTX on my 08 and have thus far been very satisfied.
Drive from Austin to Houston and back every week. (Well, at least for another week.)
A couple of thousand miles on them and they seem great.
Took my recommendation from several sources.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Best dry and wet road tire and very good in snow is the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzo (~ $220 each). I have had the best Michelin's which are very good, but nothing is even close to these tires on wet roads - I have never had a white knuckle hydroplaning experience with these tires, and I have had three sets on two vehicles.

I recommend them above all else for road driving.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don’t mean to hijack this thread but it’s chock full of owners who have tried aftermarket tires.

How big a spare can you fit in the 2012 L322 spare compartment? I have the donut but want to replace it with a full size.

Will a 255/50R20 fit?

Will a 275/55R20 fit?

Will a 285/45R20 fit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
255/50R20 is stock and fits just fine. 265/50R20 fits as well. I have tried a 285 section tire, but the floor lid couldn't quite close. I don't think a 275/55R20 would fit diameter-wise.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
157 Posts
I too put the Michelin Defender LTX's on my L322, as they are great on the P38. They just won't wear out on the P38, but the L322 is way heavier and probably not last as long. I had dueler's (good tire), but they didn't perform as well as the LTX in the Maine winters. The LTX has not let me down on/off/snow/water on 3 generations of RR's. Very quite, smooth, and capable. If I wanted a carpet ride, I would put summer tires on it after winter, but might hesitate to use the truck as designed, and not just for groceries.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts