RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m really struggling with my new Range Rover. In March I took delivery of my second LWB AB and it was specced exactly how I wanted it. Comfort Plus Seats with all the other toys and it looks perfect. I have my old LWB (pre facelift) which I happily drove for 4 years without any issues.

This car has been problem after problem with seat issues:

1) The rear passenger side seat had caved in so the sides were digging in and it was too uncomfortable to sit there.

2) They took 4 months to fix that after making a mistake and fixing the already working front passenger seat instead

3) In the last week my front seat has had the same issue. The sides are digging in and I can’t even drive the car without a horrible back ache. My old LWB is perfect and so comfortable.

I think I know the problem. I’ve only used the massage function on the two seats that have had the issue, so it seems as if the massage has caused the Seats to collapse and tighten. There is no manual way of fixing this apart from taking it into the garage.

Has anyone else had this issue or tried these Seats?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
I have had those seats for a year and haven’t had any issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

I’m really struggling with my new Range Rover. In March I took delivery of my second LWB AB and it was specced exactly how I wanted it. Comfort Plus Seats with all the other toys and it looks perfect. I have my old LWB (pre facelift) which I happily drove for 4 years without any issues.

1) The rear passenger side seat had caved in so the sides were digging in and it was too uncomfortable to sit there.

2) They took 4 months to fix that after making a mistake and fixing the already working front passenger seat instead

3) In the last week my front seat has had the same issue. The sides are digging in and I can’t even drive the car without a horrible back ache. My old LWB is perfect and so comfortable.

I think I know the problem. I’ve only used the massage function on the two seats that have had the issue, so it seems as if the massage has caused the Seats to collapse and tighten. There is no manual way of fixing this apart from taking it into the garage.

I had an issue with my passenger seat. The internal massage airbag wouldn’t deflate causing it to protrude in areas. The dealer had to replace the inner components and haven’t had an issue since.

Hope you are able to resolve the issue soon. It sounds frustrating.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Hi all,

are you talking about the seat portion or the back? if it is the back check the side bolsters they may be inflated.. they when inflated they will tighten onto the back so when turning hard you will not sway back and forth. Turn the outer edge of the round seat control to inflate and delflate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts