RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Combination of Bilstein shocks and Continental Corsscontact LX20 tire is excellent

I put new Bilstein shocks a couple of month ago and was having a buyer's remorse because it made RR ride very harsh.
I liked more stable ride of the Bilstein, but impact harshness was borderline unbearable
I regretted not doing enough research before buying them even though there are not many choices available.

Yesterday, I finally got new Continental crosscontact LX20 tires that I have been waiting since last year.
They are finally available at Tirerack.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...CCLX20XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

The RR had pretty new Falken ZIEX S/TZ04 before, but they had developed flat spot when I was doing some major works for a month.
I have some beaten up rims that I am going to mount Falkens for light off road fun.

Combination of Continental crosscontact LX20 (Conti LX20) and Bilstein shocks are amazing.
Conti LX20 absorbs impact very well and road noise are minimal or almost not present.
I highly recommend the Conti LX20 for normal daily ride.

Even my daughter (primary driver of RR) commented that ride was very smooth.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Re: Combination of Bilstein shocks and Continental Corsscontact LX20 tire is excellen

Keep a close eye on those Falcons.I had the very same tire on my rig since I got it and never noticed all the cracks that had developed along each tires sidewall.A buddy that owns a tire shop pointed it out to me when she was up on his lift one day and he told me he used to sell Falcons but doesn't sell them anymore because he had so many people come back complaining about threads stretching and sidewalls cracking after 6 months to a year.
I changed them out (was gonna change them anyway) to a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers A/T and love the Nitto's

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Combination of Bilstein shocks and Continental Corsscontact LX20 tire is excellen

Keep a close eye on those Falcons.I had the very same tire on my rig since I got it and never noticed all the cracks that had developed along each tires sidewall.A buddy that owns a tire shop pointed it out to me when she was up on his lift one day and he told me he used to sell Falcons but doesn't sell them anymore because he had so many people come back complaining about threads stretching and sidewalls cracking after 6 months to a year.
I changed them out (was gonna change them anyway) to a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers A/T and love the Nitto's
Thanks for heads up. I will look out for those cracks. They came with the RR when I bought it from California dealer.
I will never intentionally put those kind of j**k in my car.
I used to insist on Michelin but always thought they were way over priced.
Lately I have been putting on Continental extreme contact DWS for my European cars and very happy with the performance and price.
After reading this article, I decided never to buy Michelin because I don't want to pay for 3 hours a day French labor cost. It probably is exaggerated by Maurice Taylor, CEO of Titan International, but no wonder they are so expansive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/b...t-french-unions-touching-off-uproar.html?_r=0

1 - 3 of 3 Posts