RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
Ziggy started out Alpine White but after the abuse she took on the Rubicon Trail is now dark green with a white roof. Unfortunately, the dark green is two mis-matching shades, both metallic, neither of which I like very much. I'd like to respray her eventually in a non-metallic color. Candidate colors are Eastnor Green, Arran Beige, Brooklands Green, and Cornish Cream.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Granny said:
Ziggy started out Alpine White but after the abuse she took on the Rubicon Trail is now dark green with a white roof. Unfortunately, the dark green is two mis-matching shades, both metallic, neither of which I like very much. I'd like to respray her eventually in a non-metallic color. Candidate colors are Eastnor Green, Arran Beige, Brooklands Green, and Cornish Cream.
Have you thought about Coniston Green?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had 4 RRCs,first one was silver,second was cassis red(-88),third was my favorite ardennes green(-90) and now westminster grey.A Jag between -90 and -92 was Tungsten grey..Jag was a very nice car :D Basically i am a Rover guy :mrgreen:

Rgds:Jukka
RR92 Westminster 4.6
-73 Rover P6 3500Si

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
A fair question, as that's another solid green (What's with all these metallic greens, anyway?) I like that color okay on a Defender but not so well on a Range Rover (I think I've seen just one RRC in Coniston Green). I'm not quite sure why--too much yellow, I guess. Brooklands Green is by far my favorite, a proper BRG. However, it's very impractical, especially where we live (gets quite hot). Dark colors are not so practical for me also because my Rover lives outside under oak trees, birds, dirt, and seldom gets rinsed off, let alone washed. I pretty much wash it only when there is mold growing on the roof under the roof rack. Then I remove the rack and take it to a car wash. If it's very lucky, that happens once a year but more likely once every two years!

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts

Cream / British Racing green - wasnt a fan of that one but the paint was fantastic. Pity it came off a trailer and hit a tree :(

Quite like mont pellier :

Looks blackish at night and in dark shade ;)

There was a roman bronze colour in the late 80's I loved as well! Might pick one up one day.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Granny said:
Tim (Scotland) said:
A fair question, as that's another solid green (What's with all these metallic greens, anyway?) I like that color okay on a Defender but not so well on a Range Rover (I think I've seen just one RRC in Coniston Green). I'm not quite sure why--too much yellow, I guess. Brooklands Green is by far my favorite, a proper BRG. However, it's very impractical, especially where we live (gets quite hot). Dark colors are not so practical for me also because my Rover lives outside under oak trees, birds, dirt, and seldom gets rinsed off, let alone washed. I pretty much wash it only when there is mold growing on the roof under the roof rack. Then I remove the rack and take it to a car wash. If it's very lucky, that happens once a year but more likely once every two years!
How about Lincoln green?
I think this one is in Lincoln...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tayne/2292022142/

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Quite like mont pellier :
+1

I was always going to paint mine beluga black, now i'm not so sure...

Montpellier, sounds kinda cool too. Better than metallic maroon.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I got in trouble at the old land rover dealer for asking about the claret rangie! "its mont pellier sir......"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts