RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, i know, very personal and subjective - but about to pull the trigger on RRS and playing mental ping pong on colors - have only been able to see a few in person, but top choices are stornoway, zermatt, santorini, and buckingham. black seems like a no lose, stornoway seems like a slightly different kinda grey, zermatt seems pretty classic and timeless, buckingham is about as close to black, but just a tad different. anyway - please jump in the ping pong game and let me know your thoughts. and yeah, sorry for the question that doesn't really have an answer, i promise i'll do better once i buy it. thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,470 Posts
What color interior do you want? Based on that, I'd narrow the choices for the exterior.

Ping Pong #2...do you play shake hand style or pen holder style?

:D :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Black on black!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Zermatt is #1 great color. does not show dirt which is key depending on where you are from.

Stornoway is also nice, a close 2nd.

Santorini too dark (and from what i read here, kinda funky) . Buckingham is nice but too dark also. It would be easy for me but i am on my 2nd Silver RR (an FFRR in Zambizi and now a RRS In Zermatt) and my 8 th silver car since an 98 volvo S70 T5SE. i guess you know where i stand. but good luck and let us know hat you choose.

LP

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah get something that you dont see a lot of. Thats why I bought the R-Red. I always see either the white, black or that light blueish color.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sjg123.

Stornaway Grey really seems to suit the Range Rover Sport, especially with Ebony interior and matching interior woodgrain trim.
I've looked at the older Rangie Classic advertisements from the 1980's to gain a better perspective of which colours they used !

My current ride is Cassis Red/grey interior which is different, as most trucks in the hot climate of Australia tend to be white ?
Though since Rimini Red RRS's with tan interior start to get popular around here, we may see other versions of the MY2010's.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks all - as a follow up, i have ordered a RRS HSE LUX that is inbound and do to the dealer in 2 weeks. i went with black on black. my thinking -
stornaway was my first instinct, but after seeing a few up close and personal, it is just a little too understated and drab for me. beautiful yes, but faded a bit into the background. zermatt was a super close second choice, and while i love its distinction, lighter hue, and somewhat european feel, every time i see a silver car or truck, i get an immediate "did they forget to paint it" vibe. what can i say? while i have to admit, every time i see a white one, i love it, but i used to have a white discovery and every time i pull up aside one on the road, the driver is inevitably a housewife of marin county. red just isn't my thing, and none of the other colors, with possible exception of buckingham blue, did anything for me - and that was so close to black. yes, i've seen the warnings, and have seen the purple/pink flecks up close. and yes, i know it gets dirty as i used to also drive a black discovery too. but, in the end, i decided to pull the trigger on a classic rover look, black on black. pretty hard to argue, although i'm sure many might and will. oh, yeah - it was also my wife's first choice, and she has always had better taste than i. so, now i wait. pics, reports, and all that good stuff to come. thanks for joining me in my world of intense subjectivity.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
can't really go wrong with black on black, but be ready to join the masses of us. :D there's definitely something nice about having your RRS stand a bit different from the crowd. you mention marin county. are you in the bay area?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts