RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some more pics wheeling in colorado. I have the black jeep also, but I usually wheel with the rover guys. They seem to be much friendlier then the Jeep crowd! Hopefully they are the right size this time. Enjoy :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
great pics, thanks for sharing. I really like the second to the last pic :thumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That rig is for sale right now. I think he wants 6500.00 It has 4.11 and ARB's front and rear, bilstien bypass shocks sitting in the box.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Only a little as we were there for the National Rally this year. Debated long and hard about Chinaman, but as it was raining on and off they said it would be safer for my "purdy" Sport to save it for another time. :wink: Went ahead and did Birdseye and Halfmoon along with some smaller ones. :thumb:

·
Registered
269 Posts
cheaprover said:
That rig is for sale right now. I think he wants 6500.00 It has 4.11 and ARB's front and rear, bilstien bypass shocks sitting in the box.
those look like simmerlar size wheels and tyres that are on mine, mine has a 4" lift though, I've been trying to find out how to stop the tyres hitting the wheel arch edges and the radius arms. Did he have this problem?

Front wings are not a problem, there isnt really anything behind them so i could cut some away from them, but with the rear door being part of the wheel arch I'm not sure i can cut enough away without having a hole in the cabin. Stiffer springs or shocks would cure it i guess but that involves alot of money and I quite like the amount of articulation my rig has got.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TripleE said:
Only a little as we were there for the National Rally this year. Debated long and hard about Chinaman, but as it was raining on and off they said it would be safer for my "purdy" Sport to save it for another time. :wink: Went ahead and did Birdseye and Halfmoon along with some smaller ones. :thumb:

You made a wise choice. Chinamans Gulch is deep enough in places to take out your doors in a heart beat. My rover won't go there until it has sliders on it. That is my favorite trail to do with my Jeep though. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tango said:
cheaprover said:
those look like simmerlar size wheels and tyres that are on mine, mine has a 4" lift though, I've been trying to find out how to stop the tyres hitting the wheel arch edges and the radius arms. Did he have this problem?

Front wings are not a problem, there isnt really anything behind them so i could cut some away from them, but with the rear door being part of the wheel arch I'm not sure i can cut enough away without having a hole in the cabin. Stiffer springs or shocks would cure it i guess but that involves alot of money and I quite like the amount of articulation my rig has got.

Longer rear control arms, basically extending the wheel base and inch or two is the right way as well as taking a 1/2 inch off the door sill, making sure not to wreck the door seal. That's the big problem with coil suspension systems. the arc they move in causes them to "tuck as they flex" or "drop".

I like my leafs on the Jeep as they increase the wheel base as they flex. Not a great ride on the washboards but durable and unbreakable (almost).

The only problem I have is running with the rover guys I get to the trail head with them :) then they leave me in the dust getting to the entrance since the ride is so much smoother with coils. :cry:

No worries though the little jeep crawls all over everything in front of it and if I can't get over I just bang it off the skids! :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
God I miss CO!! Lived in Fort Fun for 8 years then Denver then Englewood. Now we live in PA
Looking at moving back to summit county next year. This time I will have 4wd. When I lived out there last I had a 78 2wd 22re with studded pireeli snow and muds all around. Took all the passes fine but never wheeled in it much. You all have great rust free rides out there. I miss it!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts