Range Rovers Forum banner

Color Paint for Rims

10K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Markryan15 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I'm getting my wheels on my 2008 SC refurbished and repainted next week. They have some curb rashes on them and I'd like to get it fixed. Does anybody know the color silver that LR puts on the rims? I want them to be the same stock color as they are now.

Thanks
Ryan

#2 ·
Not paint: powdercoat. Find a good powdercoater in your area, and let them see the wheels. Powdercoating is far more durable, and will provide a near exact match.

You may even find a couple of options that might make you change your mind on OEM color.

#3 ·
Hi guys. I'm getting my wheels on my 2008 SC refurbished and repainted next week. They have some curb rashes on them and I'd like to get it fixed. Does anybody know the color silver that LR puts on the rims? I want them to be the same stock color as they are now.

Thanks
Ryan
Not paint: powdercoat. Find a good powdercoater in your area, and let them see the wheels. Powdercoating is far more durable, and will provide a near exact match.

You may even find a couple of options that might make you change your mind on OEM color.
I was debating to get a gunmetal gray color over the OEM color, however, I'm not sure if I'd get tired of the color. That's why I was going to get them powdercoated the OEM color.

I remember when I looked at a different car before mine, and the rims has been refurbished and redone. The LR guy said they ordered the color straight from Land Rover?! Now sure if that was accurate? Is there a certain color that they use on OEM rims?

#4 ·
I was debating to get a gunmetal gray color over the OEM color, however, I'm not sure if I'd get tired of the color. That's why I was going to get them powdercoated the OEM color.

I remember when I looked at a different car before mine, and the rims has been refurbished and redone. The LR guy said they ordered the color straight from Land Rover?! Now sure if that was accurate? Is there a certain color that they use on OEM rims?
I'm sure that there is - an internet search might even turn it up. What I'm saying is that there are plenty of different options for metal flake in the same color; some even brighter; some deeper (multiple coats to create depth, etc).

The new powdercoat options involve multi-layer finishing. You can have a tough finish on your wheels and mimic the silver shade, but with greater depth/metallic/pearl/flake/liquid silver finishes. You really owe it to yourself to check out a powdercoater.

You can even do some internet searching for various colors available to powdercoat: all any powdercoater does is order the powder you select - if they don't already stock it.

I had my wheels damaged by a car wash. I've elected to do a liquid silver base coat and a tinted clear top coat. The effect I'm shooting for is tinted metal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.