RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The freeze date from my 2015 RR ATB order is a couple of weeks away and I am having some second thoughts on some selections. My order so far:
Exterior: Scotia Gray w/body color sliding pano roof
Interior: Ivory interior with Espresso seats w/ Figured Macassar
wheels: 22" style 707

Exterior: I am still happy with the Scotia Gray choice, although I've never seen one live.

Wheels: I am going to change to the 21" style 101. Not as blingy, but I think will provide a bit more utility. (Actually really like the 21" style 706 wheels offered for the ATB Black edition, but I'll have to investigate if they can even be ordered as an accessory at this time)

I have also ordered black roof rails/bars and deployable side steps - happy with those choices.

Interior: I did get a "Are you sure?" comment from my sales guy for my interior choice. I have always had black leather seats (tired of black), but I'm afraid of going to a light seat, which is why I went with the Espresso seats. I like the Ivory for rest of interior and headliner. How do you feel about my choice? Pros and cons? How does the RR Ivory seat color wear? Does it stain with jeans? How easy to clean if it stains?

Driving myself crazy with the wait. Any glaring "bad" choices in my order? Talk me off the ledge `).

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts
Ivory. Ivory. Ivory.
My last 3 RR's have had full Ivory interiors and NEVER a problem to keep clean. A damp cloth or Leatherique once in a while does the trick. However I note you have spec'd Espresso seats. Don't hesitate to go all Ivory.
And yes, all black is so 1990's!

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Ivory. Ivory. Ivory.
My last 3 RR's have had full Ivory interiors and NEVER a problem to keep clean. A damp cloth or Leatherique once in a while does the trick. However I note you have spec'd Espresso seats. Don't hesitate to go all Ivory.
^^ this. Every word. 3rd Ivory here as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Remember, part of it is self-serving since if you don't accept delivery, the dealer might be stuck with a harder to move spec

This written, the first link is why I thought I wanted Scotia, but the dealer showed me that the lighting is so over-exposed that it overshadows the greenish hue of the paint ... the 2nd link is more true ... I still find it nice but wanted a more neutral silver/grey

http://www.celebrityautogroup.com/vehicle-details/2014-land-rover-range-rover-autobiography-4-door-suv-6e585dbfff22f2409bf360ff87712f03/

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/617205648/photo/

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ivory. Ivory. Ivory.
^^ this. Every word. 3rd Ivory here as well.
Thanks am818 and totya. Good to hear the full Ivory interiors have been easy to live with. My kids are teens, so past the major mess making stages!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer talked me away from Scotia, and since I have young kids put me back on black seats
zjen, thank you. Yes I did similar searches and saw many Scotia photos that looked like completely different colors! I'm good with Scotia. I have had silver cars for years and I'm ready for a change. Didn't want white, black or any of the other colors, so Scotia seemed to work ... different than silver, but not too different. Quite a few posters here and on RRS have Scotia and are still very happy with their color choice.

I hear you on the black interior, but my kids are older and I'm just tired of the black. Every single car I've owned till now has had a black interior! The lighter interior will also be better for the CA weather.
All this would be so much easier if there were RRs to see at local dealers. Might take a ride to a local dealer tomorrow to look at interior colors again.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ivory. Ivory. Ivory.
Ok, just looked at 2014 configurator and I'm confused. When you say "Ivory. Ivory. Ivory", there is still another color, right?

I configured Ivory headliner, sides and seats but the top of the dash is still black or espresso.

Is the wood/leather steering wheel always black leather?

The floor area/mats are also black or espresso. Is that correct?

Is there an off-the-menu option that gives more ivory?

If not, would you go with black or espresso dash top? I'm thinking if the steering wheel only come in black then I'd stick with black.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts
Ok, just looked at 2014 configurator and I'm confused. When you say "Ivory. Ivory. Ivory", there is still another color, right?

I configured Ivory headliner, sides and seats but the top of the dash is still black or espresso.

Is the wood/leather steering wheel always black leather?

The floor area/mats are also black or espresso. Is that correct?

Is there an off-the-menu option that gives more ivory?

If not, would you go with black or espresso dash top? I'm thinking if the steering wheel only come in black then I'd stick with black.
I was simply emphasizing IVORY.
1.steering wheel is always black
2. You can get Ivory seats, dash and door trim, but get either black or espresso dash top.
3. Carpets are black if you choose the all Ivory
4. Carpets are espresso if you select espresso for any part of the trim

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2015 order is a Loire Blue exterior with the Ivory dash/Espresso seats interior like you ordered. I've had Ivory in a past Range Rover, and it definitely is more difficult to keep clean than a darker color, but it looks SO good. Saddle soap was a great find for taking the blue jean dye out of the Ivory seats. It'll be a great choice if you decide to change your order. After having that car, I had a RR Sport with the Espresso seats and Almond dash. I had a bunch of clients comment on how much they liked the brown seats because it was so unique. I can't say that I liked either more than the other, as they both looked fantastic.

My salesman was excited about my order because it wasn't the typical black/white/silver order, even if those might be a little better for resale value in the long run. I think the sales staff are trained to lean toward the more conservative combos that are easier to sell and not as polarizing if the person who ordered the car doesn't end up taking delivery. My only concern is that grey doesn't typically go with brown (usually black instead), so it certainly won't be typical. Go with your gut!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ivory Dash will show a lot of reflection in the windshield.
I have expresso/almond/ with an ivory headliner and it is nice. I wish it was more almond and less ivory since the vory headliner sticks out but I'm really happy with the color combo. My dash is espresso. I'd be afraid of ivory seats if I wore dark denim.
I don't like black on black because an expensive suv with a nice interior should have more of an exotic color selection to show it off a little. Black on black is very generic, but my wife loves black on black and specs most of her cars that way.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't think I can pull it off but the tan interior strikes me as the most luxe looking, something about how they nailed that butterscotch color

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe Henry Ford knew what he was doing when he came out with one color choice! I've been playing with the configurator and I'm even more unsure now. I'm buying from out of state, so I won't get much help from the local dealer that I dumped for bad sales tactics.

zjen, I didn't love the tan, to me it looked too orange.

SUVdad, I don't think any of them come with a light/bright dash-top surface, for the exact reason you mentioned, too reflective. I've been happy with black interior for years, but for many brands there weren't any other good choices and I agree about using the different leathers that RR offers.

LagunaDallas, I understand what you are saying about grey with brown, but the Scotia does have more of a metallic blue/green/silver hue than just grey, so I think it would look good.

Anyone have CIRRUS cabin/headliner with NAVY seats/dash-top/carpets? I think this would also work with the Scotia blue/green hues, and gives me a darker seat and light cabin, but still be a bit different than all the black out there. Thoughts?

Ordering a customizable car, sight unseen, isn't good for the detail-obsessed! Whatever choice I do make ... after waiting six months ... I am taking the darned car when it arrives, so the dealer doesn't have to worry about that!

·
Registered
97 Posts
For what it's worth (And since you're paying for an ATB) you might consider doing the Brogue Interior. I have the Brogue Seats and they look fabulous. Not too chocolate brown...They have more of an irony/tan look in bright light. I really enjoy them and they're a little different. I think the contrast would be great with Scotia Grey.

When I ordered mine (Havana with Brogue) my salesman looked at me like I was crazy. When it got there, he told me it was the most beautiful combo he'd ever seen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For what it's worth (And since you're paying for an ATB) you might consider doing the Brogue Interior. I have the Brogue Seats and they look fabulous. Not too chocolate brown...They have more of an irony/tan look in bright light. I really enjoy them and they're a little different. I think the contrast would be great with Scotia Grey.

When I ordered mine (Havana with Brogue) my salesman looked at me like I was crazy. When it got there, he told me it was the most beautiful combo he'd ever seen.
Pics please??

·
Registered
97 Posts
I will try to take good pics soon as it's been very overcast here in LA. I have one on my profile page but It's not great.

In low light the Havana looks like Causeway Grey. You need a good bit of light to show off the interior/exterior colors. I'll see what I can do this weekend with my boyfriend's nice camera.

·
Registered
623 Posts
So I'd thought I'd try and get someone to post interior pics please--- trying to decide between espresso seats / espresso-almond interior and almond seats / espresso-almond interior. When looking at the 360 view online(have not been able to see the colors in person as my dealer has very limited choice) the espresso seats look very dark, almost too much. Pics anyone?

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I'd thought I'd try and get someone to post interior pics please--- trying to decide between espresso seats / espresso-almond interior and almond seats / espresso-almond interior. When looking at the 360 view online(have not been able to see the colors in person as my dealer has very limited choice) the espresso seats look very dark, almost too much. Pics anyone?
We have the Espresso/Ivory combo. Hope these pictures provide you what you need.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts