RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today temperature was -12 Degrees F. Red Rover had been sitting in the driveway for 2 weeks with spells of -15 degrees F. I wanted to drive it to get the good Saturday early morning hearty breakfast with the guys. It was close to the bumpstops, most of the air had leaked out of the EAS, it looked pretty sad.

Earlier this year, summertime, I had gone through the sticky above regarding the charging circuit, I found my charging cable from the alternator to the starter, then to the battery... had a relatively high impedance or voltage drop. I added a large cable direct to the battery from the alternator and eliminated said voltage drop..with 14.3 VDC now actually making it to the battery. So, thought this would be a good test to see if the "fix" really fixed my charging issue. It cranked for about 10 seconds, usually it fires right up, then started :D. I warmed it up, turned on the heated seats, heated windshield, heated rear glass and drove away. It was quite comfortable inside during my trip (the heater is quite good).

Not bad for a 21 year old vehicle. Take care of your Range Rover and it will serve you well for years.

Breakfast was eggs over easy, ham off the bone, Texas toast, hash browns...coffee

E

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
340 Posts
Now that is a great thread! Awesome news! Only thing to make it better would be pictures showing which wires you upgraded.
Well done. Winter has been harsh to a lot of the US except us. 54 and sunny here in Colorado. ��

1 - 2 of 2 Posts