RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the dimensions of the Land Rover spring seat (PN NRC9700)

Here is the spring seat that I am referencing: Image, Webpage,

I have a Atlantic British Coil Conversion on my 98 p38, and I am looking to put a one inch spacer to level the front end. The setup has a spring perch adapter, which sits under the spring seat, which then sits under the spring. I want to slide a spacer above the perch, but under the spring seat. Here are photos of what I want to do.

Grey = Spring seat
Blue = Spacer
Orange = Perch

Assembly Exploded.JPG Assembly.JPG

The bolts come up through the perch as well as the seat to fasten the bottom of the spring to the spring seat. I need to mill these holes out of my spacer in order for the fastening bolts to reach the spring seat.

Does anyone know the spacing and diameters of these holes?

I am asking the forum because I do not want to drop the axle, pull out the seat, and then take measurements if there is someone on here who already knows; if it's necessary I will end up doing it though. I currently have designed a 2.75 inch spacing for the holes based on some info that I got from a discovery forum (see picture below). I still want to double-check before I go and mill out holes that are designed for a different seat.

Hole Spacing Question.JPG

·
Registered
343 Posts
You're dealing with a forum that is by and large not coil friendly so I doubt you'll find your answers. By that I mean only a few knowledgeable peeps here run coils. Why not email or call AB?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Most the folks here that run coils just swap out springs to change height. If your front end is that much lower I would think the coil kit was installed incorrectly with the front and rear springs swapped OR that they are old enough that they have sagged as all cheap conversion kits do after a few years. Another option for you is to browse the existing threads on spacers. The information you are looking for may be available in one of them.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the response, I have seen that this forum is mostly geared towards the EAS.

It has Old Man Emu springs, which are known for their consistent height. The front springs chosen just happened to be shorter than anticipated.

I'll try Atlantic British to see if they can give me the dimensions.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts