RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
So... why do you say 'unfortunately'? Now, I like the rebuilt springs from Arnott but they also include the ESA default computer-clearing module. I mean this with sincere respect, what makes yours so much better?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

The "unfortunately" is because I like the Air Suspension and thinking of converting my RR to coil spring make me sad.

I was not aware of the module that come with the Arnott kit. If this module is available and cheaper, the EASC is no better.
I found no information about this module. How does it works? What it does? Can you buy it alone or does it come only with the kit?
I suspect some people have coil spring without this module.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My Arnotts on a Disco failed twice before I traded it off... in about 2 years. I'm sticking with OEM from now on.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Galen said:
So... why do you say 'unfortunately'? Now, I like the rebuilt springs from Arnott but they also include the ESA default computer-clearing module.
Where does Arnott offer a fault (default??) clearing module? I've perused their site numerous times and purchased P38 GenIII's as well as MKIII front air spring replacements just a couple of weeks ago. I've never seen anything on their site and no mention was made of fault clearing during extensive sales calls.

What they do have are 'step-by-step' instructions on eliminating the P38 EAS warning after a coil conversion - but I am relatively sure it's only jumpers - and "easy-to-follow instructions also walk you through the disarming of your dash warning error lights for the 2006" - also not a module AFAIK. Somewhere on the site there is also the mention of a module to be developed by mid-year, but that's been there a while and for what exactly is not clear. They also specifically state: "Unfortunately we do not currently have a way to deactivate the error message for 2003-2005".

Do you have any other info?

·
Registered
237 Posts
There is a kit with such a module, made by another manufacturer:
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/L322SRK_C.cfm

"Our Basic kit features our custom-designed springs and hardware and includes our proprietary EAS Override Module - no dashboard EAS error messages guaranteed! This budget kit re-uses the vehicles stock Delphi struts."

"The following is a step by step procedure for installing the EAS Override Module ECM and completing the suspension kit installation.

The EAS Override Module ECM will be fitted in the well beneath the driver's seat.
1. Disconnect the battery ground lead.
2. Remove the four nuts securing each of the two front seats and tip the seats back to allow access to the area beneath the seats. (You will not need to disconnect any wiring harnesses.)
3. Position the EAS Override Module ECM in the well under the driver's seat as shown in Figure 1 and secure with the two # 10 Self-Tapping Screws. The screws will tap into the plastic A/C - Heater vent beneath the carpeting. "

etc...

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I now sell a module exclusively design to remove the air suspension inactive message for those L322 (02-05) converted to coils.

I can say that the installation steps could not be simpler.
You can see a video of the installation on the ebay listing.
Here is the link ;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suspensi ... ccessories

Maybe I will succeed to make the installation of the EASC as simple as that.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
ChrisGAPInnov said:
Hi,

I now sell a module exclusively design to remove the air suspension inactive message for those L322 (02-05) converted to coils.

I can say that the installation steps could not be simpler.
You can see a video of the installation on the ebay listing.
Here is the link ;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suspensi ... ccessories

Maybe I will succeed to make the installation of the EASC as simple as that.
This link will be dead and useless once it expiree on eBay. Can you post this on a dedicated site for future reference?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts